Display Color Schemes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain

I know how subjective and personal choice this is, but I'm sure you must have your favorite combinations.

I am very new to this scanner, finding the display choices/combinations a bit overwhelming. With just a cursory view of the color pallet available, I'm favoring all displays with a black background and lime green text/numbers, but would greatly appreciate your own input! Either using Proscan or Sentinel software.

My SDS 200 is in the garage & will operate in the ambient light supplied by my 1, 60 watt desk lamp, with little direct sunlight.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Vry 73

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Mine is attached. Delete the .txt at the end to import into Sentinel.

Annotation 2020-01-10 180014.png

Attachments

• Wienke-SDS.xml.txt
    22.3 KB · Views: 33

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I know how subjective and personal choice this is, but I'm sure you must have your favorite combinations.

I am very new to this scanner, finding the display choices/combinations a bit overwhelming. With just a cursory view of the color pallet available, I'm favoring all displays with a black background and lime green text/numbers, but would greatly appreciate your own input! Either using Proscan or Sentinel software.

My SDS 200 is in the garage & will operate in the ambient light supplied by my 1, 60 watt desk lamp, with little direct sunlight.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond!

Vry 73

Several threads on that...

wh6diq

Aloha,

I wanted to use the colors to group the detail info at the bottom in such a way that it was easier to focus on while scanning. Signal strength, noise, and data errors in one group on the Trunked view, with the freq and TGID etc. more clearly separated by different color. Similar scheme for the Conventional view, with CTSS/NAC grouped with freq, and again the signal strength and noise separated by color (no data error for conventional). (The yellow background bars are indicating the channels are on hold...they are normally black background during scan.)
You need to remember to set up both conventional AND trunking screens. I tried to copy groupings as much as practical to minimize key info jumping back and forth while scanning. I also have several blocks "empty" for better separation.
Also, in reviewing older threads, I noted some have changed the background for the three soft keys to match the appropriate System/Dept/Channel tags...I like that very much and will soon be making the change to my system.
I use my system almost exclusively as an indoor base unit, so sunlight is not an issue for me.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Also, in reviewing older threads, I noted some have changed the background for the three soft keys to match the appropriate System/Dept/Channel tags...I like that very much and will soon be making the change to my system.
I did that, and also grouped like items by color. If everything is the same color, the detail display tends to all jumble together visually, and it is difficult to find one particular item. Grouping by color makes it easier to pick out any display item of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.