BC785D: Display Garbled

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiFiNetGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC785D that all of the sudden the display is nothing but gibberish. Other than that, the scanner works fine. However, I can't use the display for anything. And I can't put it into PC control mode since I can't see the entries. Any thoughts on how to fix the "gibberish" screen? Thanks in advance.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I have a BC785D that all of the sudden the display is nothing but gibberish. Other than that, the scanner works fine. However, I can't use the display for anything. And I can't put it into PC control mode since I can't see the entries. Any thoughts on how to fix the "gibberish" screen? Thanks in advance.
Had the same thing happen to my 796d. At first just tapping the top of the unit fixed the problem but after a few times that did not work anymore. Opened it up and the display ribbon cable was loose reseated it and problem solved. Not saying this is the problem with yours but quite possible open the unit only if you feel comfortable doing it.

WiFiNetGuy

Premium Subscriber
Had the same thing happen to my 796d. At first just tapping the top of the unit fixed the problem but after a few times that did not work anymore. Opened it up and the display ribbon cable was loose reseated it and problem solved. Not saying this is the problem with yours but quite possible open the unit only if you feel comfortable doing it.

Thank you for the suggestion. Worked like a charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.