Tecsun Display on the Tecsun PL-680

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadmandu

Hi all
I just purchased the above radio and when I turn it off the radio still shows the last station and battery info. The radio is off the back light is off but why can I still see info?
Thanks

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
The Tecsun is more of a shortwave receiver. Most folks perusing this forum are more geared toward police scanner equipment. You might have more luck asking this question in the HF/MW/LW General Discussion forum, or possibly the Shortwave Broadcast forum. BUT DON'T RUSH OVER THERE AND ASK! That is frowned upon 'round these parts. Instead, click on the 'Report' link in your post and ask a moderator to move this thread over there.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
The 660 and the 680 are pretty much the same radio. The battery info on mine is visible all the time. When powered off, the clock displays and the timer A and timer B displays alternately. Have you reset the radio?

mbott

Premium Subscriber
"If the radio does not function properly, you can preform a reset by using a pointed object such as a straightened paper clip, into the [RESET] hole in the bottom of the unit, and gently press and release". This is from the PL-660 manual and I would expect the PL-680 to be the same. Check your manual to be sure.

--
Mike

Cadmandu

Sorry I will try that today and take a pic of the display before and after. I have a set of powered computer speakers can I use my headphone out for a signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.