Display Options on Pro106?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETMegabyte

I have a Pro106 that I'm learning how to use. One thing that's bugging me is the display when scanning...

Here's the problem. When scanning, and it finds a channel in use, it displays what it's finding. However, the third line of the display switches back and forth between the Alpha Tag of the channel and the Scan List Name that that channel is located in. This is very annoying, especially in the car when I want to glance over at the scanner quickly to see which channel is broadcasting...

I'm using ARC500, and there's a setting in there (a checkbox) to "Display Radio ID on Line 4" I was hoping that checkbox would separate the scan list name from the alpha tag (putting ONE of them on line 4 and leaving the other on line 3), but it doesn't...

Is there a way to make it so that it does not display the scan list name when it finds an active channel? When it finds a channel in use, I'd like it to display JUST the alpha tag. Is this possible? I've looked through the manual, and even being a pretty technical person, I just don't see anything that really does what I want it to...

dw2872

I have a Pro-106 too, and that's always annoyed me too. I hope someone else knows. I am subcribing to this thread so I will know when you do ;)

N8IAA

I use Win500. On the main (General Settings tab), just to the left and down from the different LED color settings, is the LCD blink on time, and the blink off time. I saw this posted sometime last year. Under the blink on time, change the value to 20, and the blink off time to 250. This will keep the TG and conventional tag on longer than the bank tag. Hope this is what you were looking for:)

ETMegabyte

I use Win500. On the main (General Settings tab), just to the left and down from the different LED color settings, is the LCD blink on time, and the blink off time. I saw this posted sometime last year. Under the blink on time, change the value to 20, and the blink off time to 250. This will keep the TG and conventional tag on longer than the bank tag. Hope this is what you were looking for:)

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I changed the blink on time to 1, and the blink off time to 250. Now I don't even see the scan list name at all. This was exactly what I was looking for... Thank you!

FYI, for those (like me) who are using ARC500, this setting is under "Global Settings", inside the tab labeled "Colors/Display/Sound", at the top right of that section. It's heading is "LCD Blinking"...

al95

Thank-you for the display tag tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.