Display unit ID name SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melv7956

I've named a radio unit number but when that radio is active it still shows just the radio ID number, this is a trunked sytem and I have detailed view active. Anyone tell me what I'm missing?

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Does your radio ID show up in Sentinel?
Edit that FL, click on the system and under Unit ID tab, is it showing?
This is assuming you have the same info in Sentinel as the radio....

mc48

Premium Subscriber
You need to turn it on in the display. In Sentinel Go to Edit display, then select simple or detail display, then select a location where you want it to display, go to the right side panel and use the drop down box to select Unit ID name. There are several length options to choose and not all locations will give these options, but you can use one that will. I use the long box directly under channel name this can also be done in the scanner display options under customize. If you record in the scanner you can later download the audio into the Uniden Wave Player and use that to help identify user ID's without having to watch the display and write it down. Don't forget you can also have an alert tone or light activate for specific ID's.

Eng74

You need to change the display options to detail mode, you can do it in Sentinel or on the radio. Menu, display options, set scan display mode, detail mode.

Mudhog13

I found that pressing the ".No" on my bcd996p2... put an "i" before the 5 digit number works for me. Might work on the sds100?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
With the SDS and BCD*36HP radios the radio ids are programmed differently than the 396/996/325 family of radios.

And there are differences between the SDS and x36HP when it comes to telling the scanner you want the Unit ID "stuff" to show up on the display. With the x36, you have to have Display Mode: Mode 2 (Unit ID Mode) selected, which is in the Display Options of the applicable Profile.

With the SDS 100, in the Detail Trunk display, you have to be sure you have a field called "Unit ID Name" showing up in the display. That will get whatever Alpha tag you have associated with a Radio/Unit ID in the System programming.

You probably only have "Unit ID" which means just the Radio ID number will show up.

Melv7956

You need to turn it on in the display. In Sentinel Go to Edit display, then select simple or detail display, then select a location where you want it to display, go to the right side panel and use the drop down box to select Unit ID name. There are several length options to choose and not all locations will give these options, but you can use one that will. I use the long box directly under channel name this can also be done in the scanner display options under customize. If you record in the scanner you can later download the audio into the Uniden Wave Player and use that to help identify user ID's without having to watch the display and write it down. Don't forget you can also have an alert tone or light activate for specific ID's.
Edit display is greyed out in sentinel?

Melv7956

You need to change the display options to detail mode, you can do it in Sentinel or on the radio. Menu, display options, set scan display mode, detail mode.
Yes this is already done but not displaying user name.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

You can use this feature in Simple View as well. You have the option of changing certain fields to reflect Unit ID with name. I have it in the line just below the Department.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Go to Tools>target model and select sds100 not 436HP, you also need to select this option when you download to the scanner. It should stay where you left it when you close the software. You can show the the unit ID name in simple or detail but you need to add it to the display window for whichever you use or to both.

Melv7956

Go to Tools>target model and select sds100 not 436HP, you also need to select this option when you download to the scanner. It should stay where you left it when you close the software. You can show the the unit ID name in simple or detail but you need to add it to the display window for whichever you use or to both.
Ok that worked and I can now see the display customiser now but I can't see where I need to tell it to display the ID name I have given it.

Melv7956

Does your radio ID show up in Sentinel?
Edit that FL, click on the system and under Unit ID tab, is it showing?
This is assuming you have the same info in Sentinel as the radio....
yes its showing in sentinel.

Melv7956

And there are differences between the SDS and x36HP when it comes to telling the scanner you want the Unit ID "stuff" to show up on the display. With the x36, you have to have Display Mode: Mode 2 (Unit ID Mode) selected, which is in the Display Options of the applicable Profile.

With the SDS 100, in the Detail Trunk display, you have to be sure you have a field called "Unit ID Name" showing up in the display. That will get whatever Alpha tag you have associated with a Radio/Unit ID in the System programming.

You probably only have "Unit ID" which means just the Radio ID number will show up.
Correct, i only have "Unit ID" showing, how do I amend that?

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Click on one of the rectangles under the label "Channel Name", (unit ID box) once you do go to the color panel at the top it says Option Item, click on the arrow and a drop down box should open up the options available for that location. If that location wont work try another location.

dazza0768

A question about unit Id names on the sds: I notice there are 4 other uid displaybopyion aside from the uid name. I think it says something about uid name 1, 2, 3 and 4. What do these mean?

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I believe this allows more lines to add a longer description, up to 60 characters. I have never tried this though, give it a shot and let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.