Displaying Which Filter Is Set On Display ? (SDS200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Have a SDS200.

With the help I received here, I can now display which FL's are actually being scanned.
Great.

How do i get it to Also show which Filter configuration (like Global, etc.) is presently set and being used ?
I looked, really, but just cannot see the option for.

Thanks, appreciate the help,
Bob

D

DaveNF2G

If you click on the color display icon in Sentinel, then click on the field labeled Frequency, then click the dropdown menu at the top of the color picker window, you will see Filter as an option. Apparently that is the only field on the display that can show that data. I did not find Filter as an option for any other field.

BOBRR

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this. Will try.
Much appreciated,
Bob

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this. Will try.
Much appreciated,
Bob

I've found the Filter display option available in all of the display types and the Filter option is available in several of the different display fields.
Play around with your display settings and customizations and you will find it.

I'm not sure why DaveNF2G could only find it under the Frequency field unless he was not scrolling through the list of available types of data available for a given field when he checked other display fields. It is definitely available in many of the display fields.

I have field set to display the Filter setting in every possible display in my SDS100 and 200's.
It can come in handy.

If something is using the Global filter, the Filter display will not indicate that fact, it will only indicate what the Global filter is set to.

D

DaveNF2G

I checked the dropdown options in each field. Filter only showed up in the field that is assigned Frequency by default.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I checked the dropdown options in each field. Filter only showed up in the field that is assigned Frequency by default.

I took another look at the Display Options and I do see that the Simple Display's don't offer the Filter option in very many fields.
The Detail display is where I see the Filter option available in the majority of the fields.
The other display types also offer the Filter option in several different fields so going from that, it looks like only the two Simple display options really limit how many places can display the filter setting.
Sorry I did not look more at the two simple display options before posting. I'd guess you are using one or both of those options.

BOBRR

Hi,

Just a bit of a followup. (From OP)
Not very sharp with this, so please bear with me.

As I mentioned, i want to display When, and the Type, of Filter being used.

In Sentinel, I have the Simple Conventional tab selected.

If I go to Frequency, NO Filter option in the color pull down chart
If I go to Service Type, there IS

But, I selected Filter For the window immediately to the right of "Service Type".
It now shows in Sentinel.

But, upon downloading to the SDS 200, it does not appear on display.
I have NORMAL set for the Filter.

Is this why it does not show ? (also tried with AUTO)

Thoughts ?
Would really like it to show, but don't want to give up Frequency or Service Type showing.

Any idea how to get it to show, e.g., in the window directly to the right of "Service Type" ? (same line as Service Type)

Thanks,
Bob

D

DaveNF2G

Ah, thanks kruser, for that reminder. I was probably looking at a Simple display screen. I haven't adjusted my display options in a while and I forgot about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.