DISSS N4092E EXPIRED on flightradar24

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacellamaman

I apologize if this is something I should have been able to figure out on my own, but I haven't. I don't have a ADS-B rec but understand the basics of how it works and usually have figured out the oddities I have come across over the years, but I just came across this and the "DISSS" caught my attention.

https://www.flightradar24.com/DISSS/bcedf9e

Registration
N4092E
Mode-S Code
A4D0B3

running around 38,000ft at 380-400kts

i google N4092E and i get this:

Aircraft has been Deregistered, exported to GUYANA
Last Action Date 1994-10-28 Cancel Date 1995-06-26

AviationDB - Aviation Database - Aircraft N4092E

What is going on here? Usually I run into dead ends, but this one kinda strikes me as odd and is a first time finding something like this. Can anyone help me understand what is going on here? I have a screen shot if needed. Thanks alot.

kma371

QRT
Just means FAA hasn't updated their records. Most likely a plane with that N number has been reregistered in the US and is flying around. The new registration hasn't been processed or isn't available online yet.

D

DaveNF2G

The Mode-S codes are different.

As posted above, probably a newly registered aircraft with that N-number.

Mode S Code 51150263 (old data)
-----------------
Mode-S Code A4D0B3 (ADSB data)

AviationDB - Aviation Database - Aircraft N4092E

One of those is decimal and the other is hex. Are you sure they are not the same identifier?

US Mode-S codes are tied to tail numbers, so when the registration is changed on an aircraft, its box is also supposed to be reprogrammed to the matching code. Sometimes this is not done in a timely fashion, and occasionally someone will enter an incorrect digit. As mentioned above, the FAA database can fall behind as well.

spacellamaman

Rendition aircraft nothing to see.

my thoughts exactly! well not exactly...I was thinking "hmmm 20 year old expired registration... last known destination guyana...departing miami area, landing in NE metropolis area...DISSS....safety conscious drug runner?

but seriously folks... thanks for pointing out the conflicting hex codes, not that i know how to convert one to the other, cause i didn't think to look at that, actually never noticed that was included in the registrations even though i have looked at plenty.

i thought about the database not being current but didn't seem to me to be likely. but it is a govt agency so i dunno why i would think they would be any faster than anyone other one.

i have done my darnedest over the past couple of years to get my head wrapped around the ins and outs of our national airspace system with moderate success. my understanding doesn't inform me for certain of the following:

i realize what we see on flightradar24 planefinder etc is not the same as what ATC sees in a number of ways, they see more of some things, but i assume less of others due to how the systems work and integrate as opposed to these crowd-sourced platforms. assuming they see all and know all, they would have no reason, cause, time or possibly the capability to see something odd, like i did, and then run a "background check" right?

i have always wondered with customs chasing drug runners, what the criteria involves to just pick a plane out of the crowd as suspect, assuming that happens. the accounts i have read essentially described the most suspicious methods of entry possible, as the ones they chased, thereby making one wonder, well if ya didn't act so suspicious.... i realize there isn't an answer to this, as i essentially stated the answer, and the techniques probably are 40 years old now, but the main thing is what level of responsibility or simple ability does ATC have to essentially "see something, say something"?

freqhopping

It's one of Cessna/Texton's temporary registrations for a new plane. In this case a Cessa 510 serial 510-0471 that will have the German registration D-ISSS. It's transponder will be changed to 3E48B6 once the owner takes possession.

rwier

It's one of Cessna/Texton's temporary registrations for a new plane. In this case a Cessa 510 serial 510-0471 that will have the German registration D-ISSS. It's transponder will be changed to 3E48B6 once the owner takes possession.

I know less than nothing about the subject of this thread. However, as Judge Judy would say: "Your answer has the ring of truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.