District 16 ISPERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotrod501

I am not hearing dist 16 ispern any more what happen. I have freq 851.1625 852.4625 853.0625 program in and all TG in that RR shows. This in on a 396T. Can anyone help.

VASCAR2

The last few stolen vehicle broadcast I've heard D-16 put out appeared to be on Starcom 16-A only? With all the consolidation of dispatch ISP may have changed procedures for dispatches on ISPERN. With most patrol cars having MDC/MDT a lot of local Officers have quit scanning ISPERN.

In the old days you couldn't lock out ISPERN but things change and ISPERN is not utilized as much as it used to be.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
The last few stolen vehicle broadcast I've heard D-16 put out appeared to be on Starcom 16-A only? With all the consolidation of dispatch ISP may have changed procedures for dispatches on ISPERN. With most patrol cars having MDC/MDT a lot of local Officers have quit scanning ISPERN.

In the old days you couldn't lock out ISPERN but things change and ISPERN is not utilized as much as it used to be.

Man isn't it the truth. I use to hear chases and broadcasts for all kinds of stuff now I am mostly hearing DUI's and stuff like that. ISPERN just isn't utilized like it was used to be. I really miss it but with communications systems evolving as quickly as they are there are probably other methods being utilized now like MDT's as you said but also a lot of cell phones and encrypted channels have also found there way into the police comm.'s, definitely not like it used to be.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
District 16 Starcom21 traffic?

I have
851.41250c
852.38750a
853.38750a
For Winnebago County. I was in Belvidere/Rockford for 4th of July and heard plenty of traffic. This past week I was also dog/house sitting in Elgin. I heard Dist16 Traffic including ISPERNs from the Kane County towers. Over there we were able to get Dist2 Elgin, Dist15 Tollway, Sterling State, District 16 ISP, Dist17 LaSalle county and Dekalb City. Radio Reference has all the Frequencies in Starcom21 IL's page. I know there's been some updates this summer.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Like Johnny said ^ ISPERN has been alive and well, in northern Ill. with frequent broadcast on weekends from D1, 2, 7, 15,16,17 :)

n9zas

MikeyC

Keep in mind that they may be patching the A channel with ISPERN so depending on the order they select it (and the scanner you have), you will only hear it on the A channel and on 155.4750

VASCAR2

I know when I was working the tele communicator didn't always select the correct frequency or talk group let alone the correct tower. I did catch District 16 ISPERN broadcast on 155.475 over the last couple of days. It used to get annoying in the car on simulcast dispatches since there is about a two second delay in Starcom 21 compared to non trunked VHF. It's kind of like trying to watch a satellite TV ball game and listen to the play by play on the AM radio.

I normally keep the ISPERN patch locked out on my scanner but if the patch is engaged during a pursuit it is nice to hear both sides of the conversation on the 800 patch if your to far away to hear the mobiles. Just like everything else, they are pro and cons. I really like the base/repeater system better than the trunked systems. I don't think the trunked system for a city is as problematic as it was for a Trooper working in rural areas. I can remember in the old days needing to switch frequencies or channels/tones to be on the correct repeater but today computers control everything.

cifn2

Feed Provider
Keep in mind they also might not be sending it to the correct transmit tower or are sending strictly on the ISP Channels.
I know sometimes it is hit and miss on analog. They had started doing ISPERN nightly tests sometime last year, but they have I guess stopped this year, because I am not hearing them any longer.

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
The ISPERN patch 470.4375 ct146.2 in DuPage County is also loud and clear. I've been able to receive most if not all the northen ISP districts including Indiana State Police-Lowell District 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.