District 2 SCHP TGs different

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone who listens to district 2 Greenwood noticed that the TGs increased by three? For instance 7664 is now 7667, 52176 is now 52179 and so on... I wonder what has happened or is this part of the Pal800 update?

Barry

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Those talkgroups are patched together at times when there is only one dispatcher to cover multiple channels. the TG+3 is the system's way of marking that talkgroup as being patched.

You never can tell which talkgroup will be the "supergroup" and which other talkgroup or groups are patched with it. So sometimes you might see 52179, and other times you might see 7539, and other times you might see 7667. So it's best to have all of those talkgroups programmed so you can be sure to hear all the traffic.

And, as Larry says, if you use a GRE scanner or set the Status Bit status to ignore, you don't have to worry about it.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
SCHP TGs

I have a Uniden 996. I have all the listed TGs programmed into one site that I scan and the same frequencies in another site that I search. I did this after I realized I wasn't receiving any HP (or any thing else for that matter). Whats interesting is that district 7 hasn't changed at all - I pick them up out of Aiken and yep they do dispatch out of Orangeburg.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
SCHP TGs

OK, I set my status bit to "ignore" and am waiting to see what happens. But right now Aiken is having a surveillance of a drughouse/brothel and are calling out tag numbers - I'm waiting to see if any of my "friends" turn up :cool:. TG 42128.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
SCHP TGs

Whaddaayanoe! The TGs are now what they are supposed to be. I gotta read that thick manual that came with the scanner. Thanks and Kudos to Brian and LarrySC, you guys know your stuff.

Thanks,
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.