District 9 Health Dept. Test on SAFE-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Anyone else hear this, this morning? It was on 28800 D ISDH-D9 and I heard the following health dept's check in:

Harrison
Clark
Dearborn
Decatur
Floyd
Jennings
Ripley
Scott
Switzerland
ISDH State Admin

The others in the district did not respond. First time I ever heard this.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I heard the test loud and clear in Louisville. I didn't look to see whether it was coming in from the Henryville or Floyd's Knobs site.

kc8gjh

Premium Subscriber
I heard something similiar to that on Monday morning but I did not catch the TG. I was also hearing Terre Haute Hazmat calling Evansville for several radio checks and that was on 65360 (SW-MA-CALL) I have never heard either before. This was monitored off of the Franklin County (Sunman) Tower.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
scanner_freak said:
Anyone else hear this, this morning? It was on 28800 D ISDH-D9 and I heard the following health dept's check in:

Harrison
Clark
Dearborn
Decatur
Floyd
Jennings
Ripley
Scott
Switzerland
ISDH State Admin

The others in the district did not respond. First time I ever heard this.
Yes I thought I heard them test to Warrick not sure though

jerk

ofd8001 said:
I heard the test loud and clear in Louisville. I didn't look to see whether it was coming in from the Henryville or Floyd's Knobs site.

I heard them saying Harrison County, they are the ones that did the test, with each health dept answering or not as the case. Then they made several call to the State Health officials. I heard all traffic from the Seymour tower as that was the only one I was monitoring when they did it.

Now they are having a flu epidemic meeting Thursday in Scott County, so maybe a pre-planning drill or it's going to become a regular thing like the SEMA tests on 155.0250
I imagine they'll start those SEMA tests on 800Mhz soon as well. I should have stopped the courthouse and asked.

AL

BigDog-911

I know this is an old thread, but I am an old man. I am currently listening to ISDH-EPI on talk group 5088 and they are doing a statewide test of all of the District EPI'S? and every Health Department in the state. Kind of interesting that I am hearing all the counties throughout the state.

Safe T system seems to work pretty good for this type of communication.

Didn't know if anyone else had every listened to this.

I am not sure if it happens every Tuesday or what.

Just thought I would share.

Doug

windigofer

Heard the last test loud and clear (including the statewide roll call)--was wondering if this was a weekly test or a general emergency preparedness exercise :3

Viper43

If you read all the posts you'd have seen I said earlier it was WEEKLY.......

V

windigofer

Viper43 said:
If you read all the posts you'd have seen I said earlier it was WEEKLY.......

V

I did see that indeed :3 (For the record, last week was the first time I'd heard it, in part because I didn't have the PSR-500 earlier and it's the first scanner I've owned to allow me to put the ISDH-EPI groups in with the stuff a bit closer to home that I monitor :3)

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this to monitor it :3

n9zek

Actually ISDH Radio Tests are done monthly. Some months cover the entire state and other months only cover specific districts. There are 10 ISDH Districts. The tests are done on different TGs each time and either the ISDH EOC or a District Coordinator conducts the tests. The next test will be at 1100 EST (1000CST) on 1-22-08.

Status
Not open for further replies.