District/Battalion Cheifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eruterbories

I was just wondering if there is a different chief in each shift serving a district or battalion.

kc0kp

Chiefs 2-7, one per shift per district, plus one city wide chief to fill in for kelley days, vacation, sick leave etc.
There is no district 1 as chief 1 is the chief of the department. DIA is sometimes referred to as District 8.

dw2872

Chiefs 2-7, one per shift per district, plus one city wide chief to fill in for kelley days, vacation, sick leave etc.
There is no district 1 as chief 1 is the chief of the department. DIA is sometimes referred to as District 8.

I thought DIA was "Red Chief"...

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
We do have an overall airport chief, 3 battalion chiefs and a training chief at DIA. Got chiefs comin' out our ears. "Red Chief" is the field chief callsign; in other words, if Chief Cook (the "big" boss) and Battalion Chief Caldwell are both on, Caldwell will answer to Red Chief. (I don't recall if Cook is an Assistant or Deputy Chief.)

kc0kp

We do have an overall airport chief, 3 battalion chiefs and a training chief at DIA. Got chiefs comin' out our ears. "Red Chief" is the field chief callsign; in other words, if Chief Cook (the "big" boss) and Battalion Chief Caldwell are both on, Caldwell will answer to Red Chief. (I don't recall if Cook is an Assistant or Deputy Chief.)
Chief Cook is a Division Chief same as DPD Div Chief. She reports to Chief Trade and Deputy Chief Bower.
Red chiefs hold the rank of assistant chief, same as the district chiefs. There is also an assistant chief of administration stationed at training.
On all the radios, on the city side, DIA is District 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.