Dive call levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
At about 1047 this morning I heard South Metro dispatch put out a "dive 3" Call, If someone has time, could they ex plane the different levels?

Believe that's another thing that's department specific Charles. Meaning DFD just has an underwater rescue assignment for example and then West Metro, South Metro etc call it something different.

Also remember it's a different assignment if they are assisting on a metro response (joining West Metro and Westy) or just on there own response.

Maybe they were also referring to Dive 31 the actual response unit.

Jim<

Last edited:

Warbirdhunter

Believe that's another thing that's department specific Charles. Meaning DFD just has an underwater rescue assignment for example and then West Metro, South Metro etc call it something different.

Also remember it's a different assignment if they are assisting on a metro response (joining West Metro and Westy) or just on there own response.

Jim<

Never thought about that Jim. Makes sense though. I did not page it because I missed the location, and my luck says a Dive 3 call is getting someones baseball out of a pond. :lol: Thanks Jim!

Warbirdhunter

Maybe they were also referring to Dive 31 the actual response unit.

Jim<

Wow that is a mean looking truck..Thanks Jim!

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
Hey fellas, sorry I've been off of here for a while. The "Metro Dive Team" is a shared resource group between Westminster "Dive 1," West Metro "Dive 2," and South Metro "Dive 3." When South Metro Dive 3 is in district it's referred to as "Dive 31."

Dive Alert Levels are used anytime the Metro Dive Team responds to a call. A Dive Alert 2 classifies any non-human rescue or recovery situation i.e. an animal in the water, unoccupied vehicle in the water, evidence search etc.

A Dive Alert 3 is a human rescue situation where all 3 Dive Units respond emergent. If Dive Operations determines that there's no hope for a person missing in the water, the Rescue will be downgraded to a Recovery and become an Alert 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.