• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DLR1060 CPS Read Error

Radiobern

Feed Provider
I recently bought a pair of DLR1060 radios from eBay to add to my fleet of DTR650s, DLR1060s and DTR700s. Initially, I tried a factory reset and this pair from eBay will not talk with my existing radios that I also factory reset. I also tried reading these eBay radios with Business Radio CPS R8.02 and R9.04 but get this error: "The CPS does not support this model. Please update your CPS." I have no issues reading my existing radios with the same cable/CPS versions. Of course, the seller I bought them from is clueless and said these are analog radios, which is not true. The labels seem to have valid models/serials and manufacture dates of Jul. 30, 2022. Anyone have any ideas of what CPS could have been used with these DLRs?

Tech21

Did you try googling "Business Radio CPS Motorola" and clicking on the first link to download the latest version of CPS Motorola posts for free on their website?

Seriously, the answer is right there in your post.

Radiobern

Feed Provider
Did you try googling "Business Radio CPS Motorola" and clicking on the first link to download the latest version of CPS Motorola posts for free on their website?

If you read my post, I tried to read these radios with both Business Radio CPS version R8.02 and R9.04 which is the current version available. So yes, I arleady did that. I am asking if anyone else has had this error and what version of CPS they may have used or perhaps some international version I'm not aware of. I have a Motorola Solutions account so I can even get version R3.02 but that was made when these radios weren't even made yet.

Seriously, you need to read my post more carefully.

iowajm780

Seriously, why not be of some help rather than the Google police. My goodness!!!

rrmeb

I recently bought a pair of DLR1060 radios from eBay to add to my fleet of DTR650s, DLR1060s and DTR700s. Initially, I tried a factory reset and this pair from eBay will not talk with my existing radios that I also factory reset. I also tried reading these eBay radios with Business Radio CPS R8.02 and R9.04 but get this error: "The CPS does not support this model. Please update your CPS." I have no issues reading my existing radios with the same cable/CPS versions. Of course, the seller I bought them from is clueless and said these are analog radios, which is not true. The labels seem to have valid models/serials and manufacture dates of Jul. 30, 2022. Anyone have any ideas of what CPS could have been used with these DLRs?
I am having the same issue. Did you find a solution for this?
CPS R9.04 works fine for my DLR1020s but is not working for the 1060.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Hmm could the DLR1060's be from a different region? Last summer I purchased a DTR700 and then bought a pair of 1060s from E-Bay as well. I don't recall doing any factory reset on the 1060s. I just programmed the 4-digit code and they talk to each other without issue. I'm using only the 9.04 CPS.

Weird CPS error for sure. I'd probably call Motorola support and ask them for help.

Radiobern

Feed Provider
Hmm could the DLR1060's be from a different region? Last summer I purchased a DTR700 and then bought a pair of 1060s from E-Bay as well. I don't recall doing any factory reset on the 1060s. I just programmed the 4-digit code and they talk to each other without issue. I'm using only the 9.04 CPS.

Weird CPS error for sure. I'd probably call Motorola support and ask them for help.
That is exactly the case. After the labels were sent to Motorola, they confirmed these are DLRs from the Latin America region due to the Anatel marking on the labels. The eBay seller has agreed to take these back for a return.