Dmat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0bqb

Does anyone know what frequencies DMAT uses or what they are licensed under? I know the funding is coming from DHSS.

VFN05

DMAT comms

The DMAT teams use Motorola XTS5000's in the UHF-Low (Fed government) range. The frequencies seem to vary from mission to mission, and are almost always encrypted. These radios are issued as needed for each event, and are so tightly secured that even the comm folks at the team level are not given the system or encryption keys.

Individual teams have been known to use radios provided by their respective sponsoring agencies during training exercises, but during actual deployments they are required to use only the HHS issued radios.

WingnutStl

Premium Subscriber
dmat

I have never personally heard anything, but one of the cryptic notes that I have collected over the years shows a license issued to the Clayton Fire Department (suburb in St. Louis for anyone not familiar with the area) with the eligibility statement of: 90.20(a) - RADIO EQUIPMENT TO BE USED BY A DISASTER MEDICAL ASSISTANCE TEAM IN RENDERING MEDICAL ASSISTANCE AND RELATED COORDINATION.

The license grant is for 150.7825 and 154.3475.

Again, I have never heard anything on these frequencies.

ecps92

You realise you are replying to a 2008 thread? :wink:

The DMAT teams use Motorola XTS5000's in the UHF-Low (Fed government) range. The frequencies seem to vary from mission to mission, and are almost always encrypted. These radios are issued as needed for each event, and are so tightly secured that even the comm folks at the team level are not given the system or encryption keys.

Individual teams have been known to use radios provided by their respective sponsoring agencies during training exercises, but during actual deployments they are required to use only the HHS issued radios.

ecps92

Looks like a Temp/Portable repeater license for the STATE DMAT Team

I have never personally heard anything, but one of the cryptic notes that I have collected over the years shows a license issued to the Clayton Fire Department (suburb in St. Louis for anyone not familiar with the area) with the eligibility statement of: 90.20(a) - RADIO EQUIPMENT TO BE USED BY A DISASTER MEDICAL ASSISTANCE TEAM IN RENDERING MEDICAL ASSISTANCE AND RELATED COORDINATION.

The license grant is for 150.7825 and 154.3475.

Again, I have never heard anything on these frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.