DMPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

flhays

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have info on the new DMPD radio system? A separate system from the state but can affiliate with it for statewide communication. Uses LTE technology is a rumor?

baker50021

Wow hadn't heard that rumor but since I'm hearing traffic on the state system for DM Public Works, DM Parks & Recreation & DM Airport I assumed that PD & FD would be following.

drdeputy

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have info on the new DMPD radio system? A separate system from the state but can affiliate with it for statewide communication. Uses LTE technology is a rumor?

Don't quote me on anything, but what I understand is that DMPD will be moving into ISICS TG's. I think another tower is in the works and all the equipment is not in place yet, but again, just what I heard, not what I know.

baker50021

Polk County uses Harris radios on Racom's SARA
Check the tables in radio ref, they are fairly accurate for Polk county

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
The whole city is moving to ISICS, there are several TGs posted in RR. The airport and other city departments can be heard on there now, just waiting for police and fire to move to it. Polk Co uses Racom/SARA. I think the intent is that all Iowa public safety will use ISICS for interoperable traffic but some cities or counties choose to also use it for their daily system versus using two different systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.