DMR and Brandmeister

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Getting back into DMR after a while. I have a AT-878UV. Any issues programming both DMR & Brandmeister talkgroups? I've noticed that the talkgroup number is different between the two, for the same TG identification like worldwide or north america, and some like 310,311,312 Etc are the same. A little confusing.
Thanks
Robert

bharvey2

Brandmeister is just one of a number of DMR networks. While the different networks often use the same talkgroup IDs, you need to decide which network you intend to connect to and use their talkgroup IDs. Don't misunderstand me, your radio isn't limited to connecting to just one network but if different networks use the same talkgroup ID but have different aliases for them, it can be a little confusing. I hope this makes sense.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
Brandmeister is just one of a number of DMR networks. While the different networks often use the same talkgroup IDs, you need to decide which network you intend to connect to and use their talkgroup IDs. Don't misunderstand me, your radio isn't limited to connecting to just one network but if different networks use the same talkgroup ID but have different aliases for them, it can be a little confusing. I hope this makes sense.
Yes it helps. Couldnt I have one zone for each type though?

bharvey2

If the talkgroup ID and talkgroup alias are the same for different networks, there should be no problem.as they are just numbers. As an example, I don't know of a way to have talkgroup ID 1234 with an alias of "alpha" for one network and a talkgroup ID 1234 with an alias of "bravo" on another network. Talkgroup IDs are unique and don't tolerate duplicates, at least in any radio I've every programmed. If you keep a mental note of which network you're on for any give repeater, the talkgroup ID will work for each network but the alias WILL be different.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
In the CPS software I use you can only use a TG ID once. For Example if you label TG 100 as "This TG", and then try to create another TG using the same TG number the software will say it already exists and give and error. So trying to program TG 100 and labeling it "That TG" gives an error saying TG ID already exists.

WA6IJD

Premium Subscriber
The workaround I think I've seen, looking at several codeplug, is naming them with a prefix like BM or DM. i.e. BM 3100 and DM 3100.

bharvey2

The workaround I think I've seen, looking at several codeplug, is naming them with a prefix like BM or DM. i.e. BM 3100 and DM 3100.

The BM3100 or DM3100 would be the values in the name or alias column. You would not enter those in the Talkgroup ID column, The values in the Talkgroup ID are what the radio uses to identify the call and allow it to come through. The Talkgroup IDs must be unique and can't be duplicated.

If you find that two networks use the same Talkgroup ID but serve different group names, you could abbreviate both names and place them in the Name or Alias column together. As an example if the Brandmeister network used Talkgroup ID 1234 for Tac 400 and the DMR-Marc network used Talkgroup ID 1234 for Ohio, you could enter 1234 into the Talkgroup ID column and "T400 OH" in the Alias column. You'd just have to remember that the Brandmeister alias is always listed first.

Status
Not open for further replies.