DMR and NXDN ?

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
I live in Madison County, Illinois and am a new SDS200 owner. I read this scanner will do DMR snd NXDN for a fee.

Digital Frequency Search states there are over 500 DMR and 145 NXDN frequencies in Madison County.

Looking at the entity name, there are very few police, fire, and EMS listed which are my primary interests.

Anyone in Madison County, Illinois that listens to DMR and/or NXDN?

Would like to know if the upgrade would unlock anything I am interested in.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Go to the Madison Co database on here and depending on your location there are many schools on DMR listed

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Digital Frequency Search states there are over 500 DMR and 145 NXDN frequencies in Madison County.
Actually, what that site lists is active FCC licenses meaning that while the licence may be active, the freqs mat not be in use. Everything in Radio Reference database is confirmed as in use.

These are all the listed trunked systems that use Dmr under Madison County

Warner Communications - St Louis (DMR-UHF)DMR Conventional NetworkedSt Louis
Southwestern Electric Cooperative (IL)DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Multi Site (TRBO)Greenville
Wieland Rolled Products / Winchester - East Alton (DMR)DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Multi Site (TRBO)East Alton
Gateway Energy and Coke (Granite City)DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Single Site (TRBO)Granite City
Great Plains Madison (IL)DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Single Site (TRBO)Madison
Clear Talk (Connect Plus)DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO)Areawide
United States Steel Corporation (Tier 3)DMR Tier 3 StandardVarious
Warner Communications (DMR 13)DMR Tier 3 StandardSt Louis Metro
WirelessUSA (Tier 3)DMR Tier 3 StandardIL/MO

This is the only listed NXDN system.

As far as conventional, there's a mix of DMR and NXDN listed under your county with most being schools and some law enf using NXDN in various towns

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
I listen to both and monitor for new stuff all this time, but it's mostly all business related.

Also, just because it's licensed for DMR or NXDN, doesn't mean they are using it. A lot are still using analog.

Public Safety in Madison County are on STARCOM21 (p25 trunked), P25 conventional or still on plain analog.

Alton Police uses NXDN and has a DMR repeater on air for future use (haven't heard them testing it lately)
Collinsville School uses DMR.
There are a lot of businesses and more on NXDN and DMR in the area.

Mex

I haven't been down there in a hot minute but I find DMR more useful since I listen to hospitals, EMS Agencies (MedicOne/LifeStar), schools and businesses more often. However which upgrade you get really depends all on what you want to listen to, but I think your able to listen to alot more with DMR than NXDN.