DMR Audio TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nezza

I am monitoring a frequency using DMR which is only a mile or two away, I receive it perfect 5/5. However, the audio is very robotic and muffled to a point it can be hard to understand. My scanner is set to default setting, is there anything (settings etc) I can do to improve the audio?

Thank you

Ubbe

No settings available to adjust DMR performance. You have a steady T on the display?

If you have a 3.5mm plug audio cable you can connect the earphone out, set to IF out, to a PC running DSD+ and compare the audio. Download DSD+ and it will probably run ok on defaults.

It could be that the system in itself have problems, interference on the input frequency or something like that. I have users with dropouts and muffled audio trying another rental system with borrowed radios that have one of the repeaters closer to them.

/Ubbe

troymail

Silent Key
I am monitoring a frequency using DMR which is only a mile or two away, I receive it perfect 5/5. However, the audio is very robotic and muffled to a point it can be hard to understand. My scanner is set to default setting, is there anything (settings etc) I can do to improve the audio?

Thank you

Any chance you can post a recording? From your description, it's most likely some type of basic privacy or encryption.

BrianG61UK

DMR does often sound bad, and kind of robotic. The DMR codec isn't too bad when presented with clear speech but many users talk too near the mic, breath on the mic etc and with DMR the result can be almost indecipherable.

Status
Not open for further replies.