DMR, BCD536HP, Programming, Videos, Lessons, Training, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicerwizard

Quite frankly, it reminds me of the 1970's and early 80's when Byte magazine was out and I had zero idea of most of the things discussed and referenced, way over my head, but years and years went by and other magazines or references came to be which made Byte irrelevant and my ability to comprehend much easier.
Pfft. Byte covered how to actually program a computer. The other publications were largely fluff. Let us never forget PC Magazine and John Dvorak's idiotic musing re When I hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete, I see that the System Idle Process is hogging all the resources and chewing up 95 percent of the processor's cycles.

This is what I am searching for.

An EASY to comprehend guide that explains step by step, not assuming nomenclature is already known.
I note that you couldn't even be bothered to hit up Google for simple stuff like RSSI. Seriously, stop being so lazy.

guruuno

I am extremely good at finding stuff, hence the name 'Guruuno'.
Quite frankly, your insults are not warranted.
IF you were to fully comprehend the offerings of the multitude of OPINIONS and STEPS which leave large gaps in the conveyance of teaching and learning, you might get a better grip on the point I'm trying to get across.
And that is although as you state data exists to answer some of the questions, there is no 1 stop definitive "lesson plan' to assist a newbie without researching it like I was studying to find out why cancer is killing me and not my pet cat.
What that analogy means is I have to spend hours and/or days to search for various terms, acronyms, key words, discard the invalid ones, put together the valid ones and they try to put them in plain English in a step by step easy to comprehend guide. Then I come here to fill in the blanks.
I can go on and on.
Just because some of you got this stuff down pat and have no patience for eager to learn hobbyists, back down a bit, offer some assistance as a few already have which have been tremendous help.
Pffffft yourself. Dvorak was a top shel dude, he explained thing to easily understand. My opinion.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Sorry, but I gotta pile on here.

There is no simple and easy guide to this stuff because it's NOT simple and easy any more. It's not just program a frequency and set the proper CTCSS tone, there's a bunch of different flavors of digital out there, some of which have multiple trunking schemes. And that's on top of all of the RF stuff which in itself gets complicated. Even if everything you want to know was compiled into one document, it wouldn't be simple and easy to read, it would be more like a college engineering textbook.

So yeah, you aren't going to get an instant magic knowledge download by asking a bunch of questions in a forum. None of us have the time to basically give you a free college course. You're going to have to do your own research for the most part. There's a lot of information here on this site. Read through the wiki, do some basic googling, and come back when you've done some basic due diligence. Every question you're asking here has been answered many times.

I'd suggest viewing this video. It's a training video for using another internet forum, but most of the principles apply here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjOPdk

Status
Not open for further replies.