DMR Bleeding Into CPD Citywide 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I hear this pretty much on a daily basis. On Citywide 5 (460.350), I hear what sounds like a DMR transmission trying to come through. I'm pretty sure it's intermod from a nearby business that's using DMR, but I haven't been able to track down the exact source. Any thoughts?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I hear this pretty much on a daily basis. On Citywide 5 (460.350), I hear what sounds like a DMR transmission trying to come through. I'm pretty sure it's intermod from a nearby business that's using DMR, but I haven't been able to track down the exact source. Any thoughts?

They probably aren't even aware. Vendors send radios pre-programmed with frequencies, but are unaware some of these frequencies are on public safety bands in certain regions hoping the user/company has programming software/cable. I recently assisted in resolving one of these issues.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber

Could have been the beginning of encryption too?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

What are you using to monitor CW5?

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
What are you using to monitor CW5?
I have and use a GRE PSR-500, Uniden BC125AT, and 2 SDR dongles. It may not be intermod since it somehow goes through the repeater as I hear it with or without CTCSS enabled.

Ubbe

In the audio recording you can hear the repeater close down after a second or two when the intermod are gone. It is two other frequencies mixing to produce a third frequency that the repeater receivers. It's probably in the repeater itself that the mixing happens.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.