DMR/Brandmeister ignoring me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billfromnet

Premium Subscriber
After a hiatus from DMR, I turned on my TYT MD380UV and tried talking via a local repeater and via my hot spot (Pi-Star dual/MMDVM). It's as if nobody hears me. I can discern limited functionality, as follows:

If I key up on the local repeater, say, on TG 91 nobody responds. But it apparently activates the TG for the repeater because I will hear the TG for several minutes.

If I key up through my hot spot, the panel and indicate signal received, and the transmission is shown on the hot spot web Admin panel in both Local RF and Gateway Activity. But the TG is not added to the list of active TGs under Brandmeister Manager. Similarly, if I use the Static TG Add function of the Web UI, it responds with:

BrandMeister APIv1: No Responce

I see no indication of activity on the Brandmeister web interface. It's as if the network is shunning my DMR #'s.

What would cause such behavior?

billfromnet

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for responding. I think I had established a password several months ago. To be sure, I did try setting it again, both on the BM SelfCare Settings page and in the hotspot configuration page (DMR Configuration->Hotspot Security), but to no avail. The admin page shows Network Status/DMR Net with a yellow background and I cannot service despite have tried multiple DMR Master sites. I wish it provided more explicit diagnostic info; is such available? "Yellow" is not much to go on... :confused:

billfromnet

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for responding. I think I had established a password several months ago. To be sure, I did try setting it again, both on the BM SelfCare Settings page and in the hotspot configuration page (DMR Configuration->Hotspot Security), but to no avail. The admin page shows Network Status/DMR Net with a yellow background and I cannot service despite have tried multiple DMR Master sites. I wish it provided more explicit diagnostic info; is such available? "Yellow" is not much to go on... :confused:

Update: I gave up trying to fix the configuration and simply created a fresh Pi-star image for SD and configured from scratch. I have it working. I don't know why it was broken.

As to the problem with the local repeater, Brandmeister seems to indicate that it has been out of service for four months. This conflicts with some of my earlier observations, but you know how observations can be. I will press on...

Hit_Factor

I would recommend setting a new password.

I thought I had set a password some time ago as well, once I set a new password everything worked again.

The other situation that can get you "locked out" would be 2 hotspots on the same TG at the same time.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
did you check your live logs on pi-star for more detail? are you using dmrgateway?

Alec
N1AJW

Thorndike113

Not sure if you got it working, but, make sure that your Brandmeister Master is on [3102], [3103], or [3104]. [3101] no longer exists. I had the same thing happen to me. I had gotten out of radio for awhile. When I got back on and started my stuff back up my hotspot didn't connect at all. Teaches me to not pay attention to updates ha ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.