DMR cap+ / con+ systems in Linux

613scanner

What I am trying to do is capture all the voice traffic on various local DMR systems of various types but none that have encrypted talk groups . I have enough rtl-sdr dongles to cover every frequency in use . My issue is figuring out what linux software to chain together that would just dump every call into one folder with the talk group number or name and time stamped on the per call file.

My goal is to have something like what 1R.bat from dsd+ fast lane makes with folders of dates + per call files . DSD+ fast lane is the only windows only software I have been using recently and I would like to just use Linux on everything if possible. I do not need the linux solution to trunktrack (I could just use rdio or whatever it is to do that part once I have the files). I thought plain DSD would create per call files but reading the documentation it does not seem to ?

I might just end up running dsd+ fastlane in a windows vm , but I figured I would ask first.

Last edited:

lwvmobile

DSD-FME

613scanner

You mean, like this?

View attachment 132296

Stable:

Dev (Very Experimental Trunking):
I was just going through your github ! this looks like this will do what I want . If I have read correctly I can either use a rtl-sdr directly with it , or feed it audio from a external program . this should be able to decode both slots ( on one freq ) at the same time and save both as per call files with the naming scheme of TG XXXXXX time.wav ?

613scanner

okay thanks for the confirmation! This is a relief I was knee deep in various hacked together workflows from fourm posts between 2015-2022.