DMR capable replacement for PRO-2026

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdeez

The old venerable dinosaur is still going strong (except for a half dead display backlight), but I'm beginning to enter the market for a mobile DMR capable scanner. Are DMR scanners still so young that it's worth the wait to have the price come down? What are some of your guys' favourites?

skinnyb82

RS Pro 668 if you can grab up one on the cheap since Whistler is now offering to make Pro 668s into WS1080s for an extremely reasonable price of 60 bones, comes with manufacturer support and all.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
The Pro 18 and PSR 800 are also included in the Whistler upgrade program. My Pro 18 decodes DMR as well as my commercial grade HT.

trp2525

The old venerable dinosaur is still going strong (except for a half dead display backlight), but I'm beginning to enter the market for a mobile DMR capable scanner. Are DMR scanners still so young that it's worth the wait to have the price come down? What are some of your guys' favourites?

If you need a mobile DMR scanner there is a FANTASTIC deal going on right now on the base/mobile Whistler TRX-2 which does DMR and NXDN. (Uniden does not have any NXDN capable scanners at this time.) It also has a detachable/remote faceplate which is great for mobile mounting applications.

The MSRP on the scanner is $729.95 but you can purchase it brand-new right now for less than $350 after all discounts and rebates are applied. That is the lowest price I have ever seen on the Whistler TRX-2 from a reputable/authorized seller.

Here's a direct link to my posting in the Whistler thread explaining all of the details on this limited-time deal on the TRX-2:
http://forums.radioreference.com/wh...scanner-walmart-116-discount.html#post2782086

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The TRX-2 is a good choice. Using a computer for SDR, with dongles, could work, depending on you setting.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.