DMR channel where TG and U changes place when someone talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggorm

Hi,

I'm scanning this DMR frequency where the TG number and U number changes places when two stations talk to each other.

What kind of DMR system is this? How do I program it into my scanner?

Please see photos:

IMG_0059.jpgIMG_0056.jpg

Ubbe

It's a user to user conversation in private call without using any TG. Uniden have hardcoded that TG text and should in this mode actually display U 132 U 118 but I have never seen that happen, while a Whistler scanner displays it correctly. Probably a mode that Uniden didn't bother to handle properly.

I think we have the same bandplans in our countries for 446MHz and also 444MHz so this should be a simplex frequency and no basestations allowed but I have a mix of analog and digital of DMR and NXDN and needs to scan the frequencies as normal conventional but allow the mode to be both analog and digital so it will switch automaticly.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

It will always work if you enter it as a DMR One Frequency system.

If you see those UIDs on other frequencies then it might be a trunked system using several channels, or if you hear a data burst with a couple of seconds interval it could be a single frequency Cap+ system that then needs the LCN finder to be used if it is entered as a MotoTrbo system.
The display says DMR and not Cap+ but my experiance are that the display info of system types are not to be trusted.
DSDPlus are much more reliable to sort out the correct transmission type.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.