• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DMR Dualbander at only 87 dollars ! great ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

IW2BSF

POSSIBLE ???? a dualbander Tier-II at ONLY 87 dollars ???

a very great price ...... if its true

1024 Channels 250 Zones it say Tier-I and Tier-II !

Radioddity * GD-77 * Dual Band

Attachments

• a-dmr.jpg
    a-dmr.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,238

IW2BSF

remember this brand have to buy a dmr radio not TIER-2 .... a BAD radio like the other the Baofeng DM-5R !

its this radio a fake ? 73

IW2BSF

...appears true

Unboxing the not-yet-released Radioddity GD-77, their “try again” DMR Tier 1/Tier 2 radio. I describe many of the promised features. It’s both analog and digital, and operates on both 2 meters and 70 cm. I should have the programming software soon. It comes with a programming cable.

Unbox the Radioddity GD-77 | QRZ Now – Ham Radio News!

TheBoz

I've just seen this radio available on eBay for 86.99 and the software can be downloaded on the Internet, I'm thinking about trying one out just to see how well it holds up.

paulears

I like the picture in the advert
01-highlights.jpg

Er, if I am not very much mistaken, isn't that a MacBook - which might be able to charge it but not use the software, which is Windows only!

The Chinese actually make some amazing products, but they really don't quite get marketing. I ordered when they came out, a GD55 - but they canceled the order as they were faced - yet they don't bother to contact all these customers and offer them the new radio. Out manufacturers would be out there immediately generating orders - after all, not everybody reads these forums!

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
New dual band

There are a couple of Chinese computer makers that "borrowed" the macbook case design for their new Win 10 offering. I hope that picture is reversed, because it shows the mike-speaker jack where the PTT would normally be.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There are a couple of Chinese computer makers that "borrowed" the macbook case design for their new Win 10 offering. I hope that picture is reversed, because it shows the mike-speaker jack where the PTT would normally be.

I'm pretty sure the Chinese "borrow" designs for everything they manufacture.

kb8ksg

Premium Subscriber
remember this brand have to buy a dmr radio not TIER-2 .... a BAD radio like the other the Baofeng DM-5R !

its this radio a fake ? 73
It's real alright. It's wide open with updatable firmware and software. Just got mine 2 days ago and am, so far, pleased. Foe people who aren't into doing the beta testing and bug removal footwork I'd suggest waiting for a while. They made this radio fully hardware CAPABLE of everything Tier II users expect, but are keeping the cost down by using people like me and other's to sort out the software and firmware glitches.
First thing I noticed was the obvious solidness and quality of the radio. Definitely has a professional feel and heft to it. I currently have it working well as DMR simplex with other radios I own but haven't had the opportunity to use any DMR repeaters (none anywhere within range) as well as perfect operation with my local 2 meter and 70 centimeter analog repeaters. All audio reports are perfect.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
A close friend of mine called me yesterday to ask for my assistance in programming his codeplug. Mind you that he's been a Motorola dealer for over two decades, but for some reason he couldn't wrap his mind around this primitive programming software.

I managed to get him sorted out and tested on both of his UHF and VHF DMR repeaters. His radio works just fine. In fact, I couldn't really tell any difference audio wise between his new HT and his Motorola 5550 base.

I ordered one yesterday so will have it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to comparing it with my equally new MD-2017.

IW2BSF

i heard an collegue and this radio work very well !

i hope some collegue try to put a GD-tools to see all the call of the ham-radio in the world

like the MD380tools... hi !

the BEST is that this radio is only 87 dollars, glike the HIGH price of the TYT or Rtevis ...Great !

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987

With the way I hold a handheld, that set-up would be perfect for this left-hander. :D

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.