SDS100/SDS200: DMR during search

Status
Not open for further replies.

p3jason

Premium Subscriber
Will the SDS100 (without DMR key) give any indication that a frequency found during search is a DMR? I understand I will not hear anything, at least not voice, but will I get any audio or display indication that the radio has detected some type of DMR system?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Simplex DMR won't work as good if in close call. If there is a low power to high power repeater than you will hear voice or some kind of info if it is dmr con+ or cap+ or tier lll. Simplex in dmr need to be very close to the area.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Will the SDS100 (without DMR key) give any indication that a frequency found during search is a DMR? I understand I will not hear anything, at least not voice, but will I get any audio or display indication that the radio has detected some type of DMR system?
You will hear a data sound but no voice. It's kind of like when you have an analog TrunkTracker scanner and it receives a P25, digital signal. You won't hear any of the conversation but you'll hear a dad a signal when the frequency is being used in a DMR/P25 transmission.

Oh yeah, and you will not be able to see any of the indicators showing that it's a DMR signal on your screen without the key. At least I don't believe you will. I better let somebody else answer that one for sure.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You will hear a data sound but no voice. It's kind of like when you have an analog TrunkTracker scanner and it receives a P25, digital signal. You won't hear any of the conversation but you'll hear a dad a signal when the frequency is being used in a DMR/P25 transmission.

Oh yeah, and you will not be able to see any of the indicators showing that it's a DMR signal on your screen without the key. At least I don't believe you will. I better let somebody else answer that one for sure.

Brian (COMMSCAN)
You are correct. Unless you have the DMR upgrade, the scanner will not recognize that the transmission is DMR. On your scanner, you might hear digital "noise" like a strong static sound or a stuttering 'motorboat, but with no details as to what type of digital transmission it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.