DMR hopes for the PSR-800

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
If I were Wendy, I would offer you a job as a consultant or some other position that can help them manufacture the best radio out there.
Hello,

I think they have an office within commuting distance for me.

The downside to working for Whistler is that I would come under a NDA as part of my employment and I could not discuss or release any confidential company information. This would include the IP that they received from GRE. I have hear stories about this strategy being used to help stem information release. Hire the person and have them sign an agreement, then let them go six months to a year later.

73 Eric

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I have 3.8 and it works great on DMR. Can someone send me 4.5 please? If I'm reading through the forums correctly, 4.6 will not yet support DMR although it will upload with the tool ?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have 3.8 and it works great on DMR. Can someone send me 4.5 please? If I'm reading through the forums correctly, 4.6 will not yet support DMR although it will upload with the tool ?

4.6 works fine with DMR.....read the instruction in Radio Shack forum.

Download links are posted on page 44 of the radio shack forum, pro 668 firmware thread,

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Ahhhh, I'm using the wrong 4.6 .bin file. Can someone please send me the 358348 byte .bin file please ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Thanks...up and working with 4.6. I literally scrolled right over that post. Feeling a bit dumb with that one but thanks guys, owe you one !

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Is there a clear list going from 3.8 as original one Eric used to 4.5 or 4.6?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
As to firmware changes, revisions etc. is it worth my time to upgrade from 3.8

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
As to firmware changes, revisions etc. is it worth my time to upgrade from 3.8

There are no less then 20 fixes after 3.8 to 4.6 that apply to everyone including the USA users and if your in the UK or Canada, will get even more that would effect using the scanner in those countries.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
4.6 is working fine and I am listening to the DMR station at MGM National Harbor and the AMR ambulances that are working with DC Fire/EMS.
DC Fire is using such low power on their Phase II system that I cannot hear them outside the city (I live in Silver Spring), but the DMR signals from DC and the harbor come in clearly.

Thanks again for all your work on behalf of the hobby. (I guess there is still no chance in added in the NXDN decoding to the PSR-800?)
JK

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
No chance of ever getting NXDN as the scanner lacks the hardware needed. You will have to buy a TRX series.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
No chance of ever getting NXDN as the scanner lacks the hardware needed. You will have to buy a TRX series.

Has all the hardware it needs, just like for DMR. The problem is the flash ROM does not have enough room for DMR and NXDN. Later radios use a larger flash ROM.

I was just hoping Eric could find a way around this, too! :)

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Has all the hardware it needs, just like for DMR. The problem is the flash ROM does not have enough room for DMR and NXDN. Later radios use a larger flash ROM.

I was just hoping Eric could find a way around this, too! :)

Either way it still doesn't have the hardware needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.