DMR ID for Amateur

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Has anyone had any luck obtaining a radio ID under 65535? I know that DMR ID's are 7 digits and issued based on country, state, etc.

I also use and install Capacity Plus and Linked Capacity Plus systems and would like to use my radio on those systems when needed. Unlike IPSC, the radio ID's cannot be higher than 65535. I had read a posting somewhere that a person can request a number for this reason. When I submitted a request, I never got a reply but when I looked up my call sign in the DMR database, a had a 2nd 7-digit ID issued to me which I don't need.

Anyone run across this?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Contact DMR-MARC, explain your situation and they will give you a 5 digit ID.

The unfortunate part is they don't publish the list of 5 digit ID's. There's no easy way for people to create an alias list with your call in it and the association of your call to ID doesn't work on the BrandMeister portal so you can't use it for aprs tracking.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You'll need to use a different radio programmed with a different ID if you're on multiple systems. Coordinating between systems to have the same radio on both is not going to happen unless you have some kind of relationship with both system admins.

N4KVE

Just today I had to add a TG # to a friend's radio. While looking in his contact list. I noticed about 7 contact #'s in the 55### range. I recognized some of those contact #'s belonging to people in the 2-way radio business. Since they need to use their 5 digit #'s for their work, that is the ID # of their radio. Yet every day they are using the same radio to talk on D-Marc. So yes, you can request your work ID # for using your radio on D-Marc.

Status
Not open for further replies.