DMR identification?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santacarl

Hello all,

Is there a way, when looking at the RR DB, to tell if a freq is using the DMR format? Sorry if that's a dumb question so if that's specific to Uniden, for example, I don't know enough to differentiate between a supplier question and a general question..... ;)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Is there a way, when looking at the RR DB, to tell if a freq is using the DMR format? Sorry if that's a dumb question so if that's specific to Uniden, for example, I don't know enough to differentiate between a supplier question and a general question..... ;)
It should list dmr in mode or give slot, color code, and possibly Talkgroup

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Yes, where the tone for an analog submission goes will be replaced with DMR information, such as color code, talkgroup, and timeslot. As well as for the mode it will say "DMR" instead of "FM" or "NFM" like on analog submissions. Check the screenshot, I highlighted how you can tell the difference between an analog submission and a DMR submission.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Capture.PNG

Santacarl

Thanks for the response,

Well.....my noob is really showing today... What are color codes and slots? Are those specific to DMR or is it referring to a particular radio or brand?

Santacarl

Yes, where the tone for an analog submission goes will be replaced with DMR information, such as color code, talkgroup, and timeslot. As well as for the mode it will say "DMR" instead of "FM" or "NFM" like on analog submissions. Check the screenshot, I highlighted how you can tell the difference between an analog submission and a DMR submission.

Hopefully this answers your question.

View attachment 70500
Thanks for the response.... I especially appreciate the examples...Now I KNOW what to look for.....I'm a monkey see monkey do kinda guy! Haha...

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response,

Well.....my noob is really showing today... What are color codes and slots? Are those specific to DMR or is it referring to a particular radio or brand?

It's okay! It can be hard to get into..

Those are specific to DMR, a color code is like the CTCS/DCS tone. Since DMR repeaters can handle 2 simultaneous conversations at once, the timeslot identifies which slot or "talk path" you transmit on. I think someone else here could explain it easier than I could and may have more knowledge on exactly how it works, but thats the just of it.

Santacarl

It's okay! It can be hard to get into..

Those are specific to DMR, a color code is like the CTCS/DCS tone. Since DMR repeaters can handle 2 simultaneous conversations at once, the timeslot identifies which slot or "talk path" you transmit on. I think someone else here could explain it easier than I could and may have more knowledge on exactly how it works, but thats the just of it.
Ahhh....so it's not something like a screen color.....:LOL:

Thanks for the clarification. I'm on a learning curve but 'peddling' as fast as I can......

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
My TRX-1 and PRO-668 (w/ Whistler mod) both allow me to search for DMR and gives me the Slot/CC/TG, it also allows me to select ANY for the Slot/CC/TG if I program in a frequency as DMR, I'm pretty sure the Uniden scanners do the same, though I've never used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.