DMR in Bloomington was: Help

zachful91

I live in Bloomington Indiana.. I want too get into DMR. Do I need a hotspot, or dose Bloomington have a dmr repeater?

west-pac

Cook Pharma, ERS, IU, and the state, all have DMR repeaters in Bloomington.

zachful91

I'm new too this. So if I want to listen too TAC-301. Do I need a hotspot. Or can I use my local?? For talk groups I'm confused..

And doze anyone know the local dmr repeater Frequency is it 444.9? Or is that wrong

usswood

I'm new too this. So if I want to listen too TAC-301. Do I need a hotspot. Or can I use my local?? For talk groups I'm confused..

And doze anyone know the local dmr repeater Frequency is it 444.9? Or is that wrong
I'm not sure that Bloomington has an Amateur DMR repeater so yes, you will need a hotspot to access DMR from Bloomington... IF Bloomington does have DMR then no, you can access everything from said repeater, but I don't see one listed for that city..

edit: Try 442.100 rec/447.100 transmit (CC=1) for DMR in Bloomington, it might still be on the air

Last edited:

usswood

Try this one also for DMR in Bloomington...K9IU repeater on 146.940R/146.340T and see if the VHF DMR repeater is on the air!

444.9 appears to be D-Star and C4FM modes

kd9smg

I'm also new into this, but talked with some people "in the know" -- the K9IU DMR repeater is not in operation, and seems unlikely it will be. For DMR you definitely need a hotspot. There are several analog repeaters in the area, on VHF and UHF, at least 1 (a linked system) is fairly active, while the others seem to be primarily scheduled nets (but still friendly people, just haven't found people monitoring them outside of the nets). If you want to get to know some of the area hams, I'd suggest going to the W9WIN linked repeater system and tossing out your call sign. Several DMR people on there and happy to help newbies.

W9LW

Premium Subscriber
I live in Bloomington Indiana.. I want too get into DMR. Do I need a hotspot, or dose Bloomington have a dmr repeater?
@zachful91 I visited Bloomington in September. The closest DMR repeater to Bloomington is a low-profile machine in Kirksville. As of September, there were no DMR machines on the air in Bloomington. There was brief talk of making the multimode K9IU repeater on 146.94 MHz repeater support DMR in additionto the other modes it currently supports, but the club has apparently abandoned that idea.

Tomcu96

also, Bloomington transit using the dmr too here is their info on it

Bloomington IN Public Transit
System Name:Bloomington IN Public Transit
County:Monroe
System Type:DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Single Site (TRBO)
System Voice:DMR
Last Updated:September 18, 2021, 3:12 pm CDT [Updated General Trunked System Information]

Sites and Frequencies
Red (c) are control channel capable frequencies

SiteNameFreqs
001 (1)Primary (*)00 463.600