DMR in Clark County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddsbstrb

First of all, I am using a Whistler WS1080 running the very latest software upgrades from EZ-Scan from mid-December of 2016.

If I fully understand, I should be able to receive local DMR in Clark County, on my 1080 with this latest software upgrade?

The two systems I am interested in monitoring would be:

1. Greenon Local Schools (school buses)

2. Clark County Engineers (snow plows)

If I go to my library on the scanner memory chip, I cannot find either of these two government entities; thus, I cannot load their frequencies into the scanner memory.I can find other school districts in Clark County; however, they are just regular VHF/UHF users, not DMR/Motorola users.

Will I need to find the frequencies and manually program into my Whistler 1080 (never have done this on my 1080.)

Thanks for any suggestions you might send my way on this cold, snowy afternoon!

Denny

fyrfyter33

That, or you could grab a subscription from RR and download them into your scanner. Check the RR database first for them.

You could also use the software that came with your scanner to download its current config, add those groups in and upload them back into the scanner.

ddsbstrb

I just checked my EZ Scan Database and it shows I have Clark Co. Eng. loaded at 151.01 but have not heard any snow plows. I know they are running Mototrbo DMR equipment for the past year or so.

Would it still operate on 151.01 VHF?

I already have an active RR Membership, also.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Denny

ddsbstrb

I have my 1080 sitting on Clark Co ENG at 151.0100 for several hours and not receiving any messages. The plows should be very busy this afternoon and even, with the snow we have had today.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Denny

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Did Whistler come out with a firmware update to allow the 1080 to decode DMR? I don't have one that's why I'm asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddsbstrb

Dave.............I think the release date for the DMR addition was 12/15/16. I have read several threads on the Whistler topic area that state the 1080, with new upgrade, will receive DMR.

I have had no luck trying to get the Clark Co. Engineer's on 151.01. I thought this was their old, VHF freq. I was figuring DMR was probably on UHF?

I haven't programmed the Greenon Local Schools Motorola DMR system. I do know they left their old, VHF freq. and went UHF. I might try that for next week. They do a lot of talking in the mornings, especially the bus fleet. I did find their frequencies on RR databases.

Denny

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
DMR can be on VHF, UHF, 800 or 900 MHz it's not limited to UHF which is where most DMR activity is but anyone licensed on the above bands can use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have this info for the dmr system you want to listen to.

Frequency-151.010
Color Code-1
Time Slot-2
Talk Group-200 County Engineer Operations

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
First of all, I am using a Whistler WS1080 running the very latest software upgrades from EZ-Scan from mid-December of 2016.

If I fully understand, I should be able to receive local DMR in Clark County, on my 1080 with this latest software upgrade?

The two systems I am interested in monitoring would be:

1. Greenon Local Schools (school buses)

2. Clark County Engineers (snow plows)

If I go to my library on the scanner memory chip, I cannot find either of these two government entities; thus, I cannot load their frequencies into the scanner memory.I can find other school districts in Clark County; however, they are just regular VHF/UHF users, not DMR/Motorola users.

Will I need to find the frequencies and manually program into my Whistler 1080 (never have done this on my 1080.)

Thanks for any suggestions you might send my way on this cold, snowy afternoon!

Denny

Yes the Whistler 1080 and 1088 (same radio with additional full keyboard the difference) both have had a free DMR firmware upgrade provided by Whistler since back a few months ago. My Whistler WS-1088 works great on DMR and when I was in Vegas back in Sept. I got way more on DMR than I even had time to listen to.
Bob

LOL, I saw Clark County and I thought it was the Nevada Clark County. That is why I mentioned Vegas.

Last edited:

n8wel

Buckeye Toad
Clark county Engineers has 2 slots and one of them shows GPS data and seldom use this system for voice. The Reid Golf course has a UHF DMR repeater and used for grounds.

traceylacy67

Premium Subscriber
I didn't buy a rs 668 cause I was told there is no updates for rs radios. Was I told wrong an you can get updates on them. I live an drive school bus in clark county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.