DMR in conventional bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

Can I enter a single DMR frequency in the conventional bank or do I have to set it up as a trunked system?noticed it will pick up the noise on my 800 but on the TRX-1 can't seem to hear anything,any advise would be helpful.

troymail

Silent Key
You can program a DMR frequency as a conventional object and put it in any scanlist (not bank) that you want. You need to make sure you set it as "DMR" and not Analog/P25".

You can also program it as a trunk system but in that case you also need to add at least a wildcard talkgroup object to hear anything.

Ubbe

You'll need to put at least a DMR wildcard TG in the same scanlist as the DMR channel.

Problem with the DMR systems I monitor are that the DMR standard says that an ongoing voice call updates the TG info each superframe, which is at 360mS intervals to allow for "late entry" radios, and the scanner only stays something like 100mS on the DMR channel.

With the trunked DMR list you can set a dwell time to compensate for the short 100mS scantime and scan the channel several times to hopefully catch the start of the superframe.

Set up a new trunked system and add only that single channel and a TG wildcard and set dwell to 500mS.

Be aware that my TRX-2 are less sensitive than a Uniden and also needs a noise free signal to decode.

/Ubbe

goaheadover

Banned
For some reason my radio won't monitor a conventional DMR channel. Can I program this as a trunk system and scan it that way? The DMR trunk systems decode for me but the DMR conventional just gives me a digital signal over analog audio. Thanks

milcom_chaser

For some reason my radio won't monitor a conventional DMR channel. Can I program this as a trunk system and scan it that way? The DMR trunk systems decode for me but the DMR conventional just gives me a digital signal over analog audio. Thanks

Did you update your EZ Scan software to the latest version? Any version before 2.14 (Sept 23rd, 2016) mentions this issue:

"Fixed issue when editing a conventional object where setting that object to DMR mode was not being set properly. "

Once you have done that, here's a picture done in the "Conventional Frequencies" Tab of a single conventional DMR frequency setup.

Attachments

• DMR Conventional example.jpg
    DMR Conventional example.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.