DMR in Lake Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyone out there monitoring DMR frequencies in Lake Co? What are you listening to?

I was thinking of buying the upgrade for my scanner but I assumed all that i would get is the schools, a few private businesses and some Parks depts. Not very interesting stuff.

Then i noticed on the digital frequency finder that the Lake Co Sheriff and Prompt Med has frequencies listed; whether they are used or not is another question....

Ed6698

I had some DMR programmed in my radio at one time. Found really nothing of interest, no longer have any DMR programmed in the radio. Unless someone finds hearing Prompt starting their shift and ending shift interesting. I gave up trying to find DMR to listen to, maybe someone else will post if they found anything DMR in this area to listen to. There is some DMR Ham, but also found that of no interest after a short while.

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
What your saying confirms what i have been thinking.. its a 60 dollar upgrade too...likely not worth it.

But there are sheriff DMR frequencies listed, since you didnt mention them i assume those are not used.

Last edited:

Ed6698

I don't recall ever hearing anything on the LCSO DMR frequencies. I don't know for sure if they even use them at all anymore since migrating to the P25 system. I gave up on DMR several months ago.

There is quite a bit of DMR in the area, but none of it interests me.

Status
Not open for further replies.