DMR in Springfield Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

foster_006

It appears that several agencies around Southwest MO have jumped on the DMR bandwagon. Anyone monitor this area?

So far I know of all or most agencies in Christian and Webster. Cox EMS has also transitioned to DMR.

foster_006

There also appears to be a pretty active Cap+ system in UHF in Springfield.

I've logged about 3 or 4 tg's so far in the few short minutes I've been parked on it.

KA5YTH

All of Cox EMS and all of CMH EMS have moved to DMR. Christan County is working towards DMR one agency at a time.

These are all VHF. I don't know much about the UHF side of things.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
All this info makes me want to ask this. What appears to be the new facination with DMR (etc) all of a sudden? I knew Christian Co was DMR or something similar but it seems that a lot of agencies are swiching. Kinda like going to MOSWIN or something. Are the sales people pushing encryption type radio traffic that most people can't hear. I don't do the new DMR stuff yet but it is making me think. Any ideas?

foster_006

Based on my very little knowledge of DMR.. it appears that MOT likes to pitch the "scanners can't pick it up so you should buy it" sales pitch. Between "privacy" and cost efficiency... it's hard for customers to say no. I'm not entirely sure how much cheaper it is but cost does seem to be a selling point.

With Webster, Christian and now some Jasper County agencies going to DMR.. I decided to start tinkering with Dsd+.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

KA5YTH

A few of the important advantages (there are several, and encryption/privacy isn't one of them):

Two timeslots allows twice the traffic load on the same frequency pair.

More clear audio.

Improved range for intelligible communications.

Ability to send digital messaging.

Repeater linking to geographically extend a combined system.

colbymitchell69

Feed Provider
I am Broadcasting Christian County DMR and Boone County Arkansas. Go to Taney County Missouri. You will Find my Feeds. A lot of Arkansas Channels are going DMR. also You can look on the internet for a complete list of DMR on the Digital Frequency Search Heading. That is where i get mine. Put in each county and state it will show you everything.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I kind of figured that salesmanship had something to do with it. I guess it will be a continued game of cat and mouse till everything, even the dog catchers are unreadable. Thanks.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Based on my very little knowledge of DMR.. it appears that MOT likes to pitch the "scanners can't pick it up so you should buy it" sales pitch. Between "privacy" and cost efficiency... it's hard for customers to say no. I'm not entirely sure how much cheaper it is but cost does seem to be a selling point.

With Webster, Christian and now some Jasper County agencies going to DMR.. I decided to start tinkering with Dsd+.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

FWIW Jasper County's new system is NXDN which I can now monitor with my TRX-2 and the NXDN upgrade (free!).The JASCO system also has Webb City and Carthage. Webb City's main PD frequencies are non-trunked NXDN. Joplin's system is P25 with the police TGs encoded.

DMR at Mercy and Freeman (non-medical), and several manufacturers - General Mills, Heartland Pet, Jayhawk Chemical (just across the line in KS) and most of the RECs in SW MO are now DMR. All monitorable with DMR upgrade.

There is a very busy DMR 4 or 5 frequency Land Mobile system in Springfield. Lots to hear!

Wally

Cameron314

I think Rayfield has turned their SMR into a Turbo system. He's on here some where as @JRayfield

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I think Rayfield has turned their SMR into a Turbo system. He's on here some where as @JRayfield

I would agree, as I hear DMR with many TGs on 451.3625, 451.5875, 451.6125, 461.5125, and 461.8875 with addresses in Springfield and Beanson.

W

Status
Not open for further replies.