TRX-1: DMR input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I just ordered a TRX-1 and i am curious about the set up of a DMR system.
I have no other info other than the 6 DMR frequencies that the company is licensed to.
Do they need to be in a specific order like an LCN in order to track this system?

Also, will i be able to obtain CC, TS and TG using just the confirmed frequencies?

This is my first time tracking a DMR system, Sorry about the lack of knowledge.

troymail

Silent Key
I just ordered a TRX-1 and i am curious about the set up of a DMR system.
I have no other info other than the 6 DMR frequencies that the company is licensed to.
Do they need to be in a specific order like an LCN in order to track this system?

No.

Also, will i be able to obtain CC, TS and TG using just the confirmed frequencies?
You can leave all of this wildcarded.

This is my first time tracking a DMR system, Sorry about the lack of knowledge.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
The Whistler scanners do not trunk track DMR, so the order doesn't matter all that much. But it still might improve scanning performance to have them in the system's order at some point.

Unless there are compelling reasons, it is best to program your scanner to be liberal in its reception. Therefore, use wildcard talkgroup, any color code, and both timeslots. Compelling reasons to change this might be if there is a talkgroup that you do not want to play, data on a certain timeslot, or interference from a different system.

Once you begin to receive traffic, the radio will capture the talkgroup ID, color code, and timeslot. If that information is of interest to you, I recommend enabling record so you can review it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.