DMR LCN Finder Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I tried to install it, but I couldn't get it to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DL the FW... Place it in say your downloads folder and open it.
Put 436 in USB Mass Storage Mode.
Open the drive the scanner is using.
Open the firmware folder.
Go back to the downloaded FW, select the 436 one, select move to, and put the 436 firmware folder as the target.
ENTER.
Press to power off the 436, and let it upload the new FW.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
DL the FW... Place it in say your downloads folder and open it.

Put 436 in USB Mass Storage Mode.

Open the drive the scanner is using.

Open the firmware folder.

Go back to the downloaded FW, select the 436 one, select move to, and put the 436 firmware folder as the target.

ENTER.

Press to power off the 436, and let it upload the new FW.

Gotcha. I think I did that, and nothing happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
If you followed those steps, at power off, the scanner will display (Updating Firmware. Do not power off etc...)

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
If you followed those steps, at power off, the scanner will display (Updating Firmware. Do not power off etc...)

It worked with my 536, but for some reason it doesn't seem to want to load on my 436. I'll try again tomorrow and get back on that.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
It worked with my 536, but for some reason it doesn't seem to want to load on my 436. I'll try again tomorrow and get back on that.

Strange. Also make sure you select the correct FW from the file.. There are 2, one for the 436, one for the 536.
If it still wont load, then that is another issue entirely!

Ubbe

If you want to jump between official FW release and one of the test FW for comparison you'll want to know that official FW uses 6.25KHz steps and test FW uses 12,5KHz steps in the bandplan.

If you have the LCN from a test FW LCN finder then double the LCN values for the official FW. To make it easier for you, you could enter all frequencies twice, with LCNs for both step sizes.

/Ubbe

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
If you want to jump between official FW release and one of the test FW for comparison you'll want to know that official FW uses 6.25KHz steps and test FW uses 12,5KHz steps in the bandplan.

If you have the LCN from a test FW LCN finder then double the LCN values for the official FW. To make it easier for you, you could enter all frequencies twice, with LCNs for both step sizes.

/Ubbe

Thanks. I'll try that.

The system seems to be more active today. I have been noticing, however, that there seems to be a disconnect between transmissions. I'm only hearing half of the conversations most of the time. I'll hear someone call another person, but I won't hear the response. This only seems to happen if there a pause between the two transmissions long enough that the scanner resumes scanning. I know there's more activity on this system but I'm just not picking it up.

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber

/Ubbe
This should destroy reception on conventional especially p25 conventional. And should kill your capabilities on p25 trs especially phase II systems. Since they use 6.25

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I've been noticing that a few of the TGIDs I've discovered are using both slots for different users. How can you tell which user is using which slot?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Listening and tgid

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Aid I. Mean

Well, I can do that, but if I want to submit the info to the DB, I would like to know who is using which slot. I can't seem to find it when I hit "enter" on my 536 when the TGID is active. The scanner seems to know, but is there a way besides reading it with Sentinel to find it?

Ubbe

This should destroy reception on conventional especially p25 conventional. And should kill your capabilities on p25 trs especially phase II systems. Since they use 6.25

I don't have any P25 here. I can only vouch for DMR DT3.

The description for the first .21 test FW says that LCNs where handled differently.

/Ubbe

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Put the scanner to display UID and then lot of listening

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Well, I can do that, but if I want to submit the info to the DB, I would like to know who is using which slot. I can't seem to find it when I hit "enter" on my 536 when the TGID is active. The scanner seems to know, but is there a way besides reading it with Sentinel to find it?

In trunking time-slots are dynamic. Users will be a specific TG only, not TS and TG.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Hence needing UID and listening

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I just finished updating my 436 with the experimental firmware. So far, it appears that P25 reception is not affected at all, and I can say it is now receiving the Texas A&M system just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.