DMR Licensing on increase in NJ (Need Ur Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
NJ Scanner Hobbyist and Enthusiast,

More and more businesses as well as some county and town agencies especially in the Board of Education (Schools) are applying and being granted FCC licenses with DMR Emissions (7K60FXE (voice), 7K60FXD (data)) as well as standard NFM (11K2F3E). Some of these new licensees may start off and get on air with just only NFM then shortly thereafter switch to DMR.

As you all know, DMR is one of the waves of the future, you as Scanner Hobbyist and as a RR subscriber/member are our most important tool in getting new information into the data base. Especially with these newer DMR licensees and systems, we DB admins simply can’t do it all, we need your help period!

So I asking all those (New Jersey) members who have DMR scanners, SDR dongle’s with DSD+ software to Please start and begin to monitor some of these new licensees frequencies, help determine what they are using either NFM / CTCSS / DCS and / or as a DMR system with the proper Color Code, Time Slot, Talk Groups and whether as DMR Conventional Networked, DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TURBO) or Stand Alone etc.

Then once you have the information, please make a submission to the RR data base.

Here is a execellent source to find out what new FCC applications are pending and granted. This is updated weekly every Monday, national holidays notwithstanding. LINK

Good DMR system hunting and thank you in advance:cool:.

GM

Premium Subscriber
I will also add that it is wise to re-check any business and BOE freqs that may have been analog in the past and have now switched to DMR. FedEx in Keasbey is a prime example of this.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I still can't figure out how to program my BCD-536 to monitor Harrison Board of Education they are on Turbo but they do not use a repeater and they are low power, I sit almost right next to the middle school and even low power I should hear them, Anyone who has figured this out please post. Thanks,

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There is a lot of PDV wireless sites in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area. I've been slowly going thru them when I have time. The usual business/medical transport/tow truck, etc. stuff to be heard.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Tony,

Upgrade your 536 to the .31 beta and give it a go. There's a lot of good fixes in this version:

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/PartnerWeb/BCD436HPBeta/BCDx36HP_V1_11_31.zip

You've got to manually unpack the ZIP & put the 536 BIN file into the 'Firmware' folder of the scanner when it's hooked up to your programming cable. You can't do this via Sentinel.
This is some great info. I'm not big on finding but ways willing to add and listen.

I have to get some recommendations to really monitor new stuff

My 536 is a bit of a hassle. I recently used Sentinel to break out Rockaway fire DMR. Same channel, different TG.

Accident blew out all my favorites. Now some don't scan but do work.

Anyway, willing to help where I can.

Thanks,
C.J
Sent from the Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Analogrules

Garwood BOE new DMR license

Just saw this in the fcc db. Looks like Garwood Board of Ed has a brand new DMR emission license on 462.0125. I do not have a DMR capable scanner, but just wanted to post this for those who do. Looks like it is alocated for the custodians, so you may hear some chatter even during the summer if you are close enough. The max output appears to be only 5W.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3936999

mondaro

Feed Provider
Just saw this in the fcc db. Looks like Garwood Board of Ed has a brand new DMR emission license on 462.0125. I do not have a DMR capable scanner, but just wanted to post this for those who do. Looks like it is alocated for the custodians, so you may hear some chatter even during the summer if you are close enough. The max output appears to be only 5W.

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQZQ534 - GARWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION

BCD536 are deaf on DMR systems that are simplex tried every way under the sun to program
the radio and it does not work - anyone who cracked this please include the steps how to
program the radio - many thanks -

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQZQ534 - GARWOOD BOARD OF EDUCATION

That might be hard to work on until September since school is out, but I'll punch it in and see what happens.

There's also some previously identified DMR systems in North Jersey that we could really use help on. Particularly from someone knowledgeable in DSD. Things have somewhat stalled on Maher Terminals and United Airlines Newark.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Once the Edison Amazon facility opens up, I'll have that one nailed down promptly. I started to work on the Avenel and Carteret Amazon locations last month, but my work schedule is a bit hectic now so I can't work on that at the moment.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Blue Ribbon LLC (Linden, NJ), RWJ Bayonne Medical Center (Bayonne, NJ), Walgreens Warehouse (Linden, NJ), and Garden State Plaza Mall (Paramus, NJ) all also showing grants for/modifications to DMR.

lion2479

Menlo Park Mall-Now DMR Simon Property Group

The Menlo Park Mall in Edison, NJ has recently abandoned their old VHF repeater frequencies listed in the Current RR Data Base and are now using XPR-7550e UHF radios.

I did some digging around and they have been granted 3 new frequency repeater pairs and one simplex frequency. I was told by an employee that they have Security, Maintenance and Operations in the units as well as a all mall T/A channel.

If possible if someone is in the area is close by and has the equipment to decode the following and post it in this thread or a new one. It would be gladly appreciated not only for myself , but for the rest of those interested in this type of business listening.

What we need: Timeslot, Group Code (also called "call ID") and Color Code.

The following frequencies have been obtained:

451.675 rcv
456.675 tx

462.475 rcv
467.475 tx

464.4375 rcv
469.4375 tx

The single listed frequency with no repeater pair is 468.5875. The FCC approved and granted the change 7K60FXE to DMR transmissions on 04/04/2017 and the call sign is WNZN-598.

Any help would be appreciated, PM's are welcome. Thanks in advance.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
The Menlo Park Mall in Edison, NJ has recently abandoned their old VHF repeater frequencies listed in the Current RR Data Base and are now using XPR-7550e UHF radios.

Nothing better to do tonight, so I'll work on this tonight. Friday/Saturday night is probably best for comms it being a mall. Gonna see if Blue Ribbon and Walgreens' warehouse in Linden, and Essex County DOC are up and running this afternoon.

GM

Premium Subscriber
So far, Menlo Mall seems to be using the 451.6750 freq for security with a TG of 45640 Slot 1 CC 4. I work in the area, so I'll also monitor myself for updates and confirmations before I submit to the database.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Kinda weird but right before POTUS just landed, I started getting a 404-405MHz DMR system, ENC. Feds using TRBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.