DMR MONITORING

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Do not have a scanner that is DMR capable but do have radios that can do DMR. Can you take a DMR radio, not knowing the CC or SLOT, or contact groups, can you tune to a DMR "sounding" frequency and monitor? The CC is just a like sub tone that is used on analog, and you don't need the sub tone to monitor.The slot, just two choices and you can program the frequency twice using both slots. I am not talking so can I listen on a regular DMR radio. On my Analog dual band, I am picking up what sounds like DMR traffic, I put in my DMR radios and nothing.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
No. On many radios, the color code is deeply embedded in the hardware, and it must be set correctly before the radio will process a DMR signal. It's NOT just a "digital sub-tone", it is a parameter that must be set correctly before the hardware can properly decode the digital data.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
https://github.com/travisgoodspeed/md380tools/issues/58

"You can use 'md380-tool findcc` to identify the color code of a transmitter, but the C5000 chip hasn't got a setting for color code or timeslot promiscuity that I can find."

Translation: the hardware does not have a setting that will decode DMR data with any color code. You have to specify a code, and only DMR signals with that code will be decoded. It's not something that can be done even with hacked firmware.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Some DMR radios (like CS750) allow you to do an open monitor that will show you the color code. However, there are only 13 color codes 1-13, so you could just try each one, a lot of systems use CC 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.