DMR Motorola Capacity Plus (TRBO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerodell

can someone help me with programing my bcd536hp for DMR Motorola Capacity Plus (TRBO) Lebanon Police
thanks
73's de kx1h

kb8rvp

Currently no scanner manufacturers make a scanner that can receive any type of Motorola TRBO. If you look at the Uniden section on firmware wants everyone has been asking for Uniden to add TRBO to the modulation types that the scanner can receive but so far no one has done it. You would have to purchase and program a Motorla or Hytra to name a few and listen that way with an actual commercial radio.

Mike

Radiobern

Feed Provider
Being a Capacity Plus system does not automatically mean it is encrypted. It means it is a MotoTRBO system with multi-site trunking. They do have the choice to encrypt, like any DMR/MotoTRBO user does. The best way to check for encryption is to use a scanner with a discriminator tap and software. If it is not encrypted, you'll still be able to hear bits and pieces, but not able to trunk along. If it is encrypted, the software will indicate so. If they are not encrypted, then you can listen along on an actual Motorola MotoTRBO radio with the appropriate programming.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I have read that one can also use software like DSD+ (Free) and either a scanner with a discriminator tap or a dongle (about $20) to listen to DMR/MotoTRBO .

I think there is a separate Forum on this topic here at RR on how to do this and how well it works.

KK4ELO

Lebanon does not have the setup that Putnam County does. Do you mean you are hearing Putnam county from Wilson county? I can hear Putnam analog from Dekalb Co, but they mainly use it for interop. But your scanner will not do DMR.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I have read that one can also use software like DSD+ (Free) and either a scanner with a discriminator tap or a dongle (about $20) to listen to DMR/MotoTRBO .

I think there is a separate Forum on this topic here at RR on how to do this and how well it works.

You can. I have set up DSD+ with a 9.99 USB stick, SDR Sharp and verified it decodes standard mototrbo. I imagine on a trunk system you'd have to put in each frequency. I don't know if Unitrunker will track a mototrbo system but if it does that program works supposedly with the dongle and DSD+ to trunktrack trunking systems.

You can also use DMR decode with the dongle and SDR Sharp to find the information on mototrbo which would allow you to set up a rx only mototrbo radio for monitoring. CS is below 200 dollars now.

Status
Not open for further replies.