DMR Motorola Connect Plus Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Quick question on a DMR Motorola Connect Plus system i listen to.

The system around midnight changes control channels could the color code change also? Reason for asking i set my color code the other day to CC7 and all was well but yesterday i didnt hear any traffic all day but its back today just curious on if the color could change? I didn't have it hooked up to the logger so im not sure if it changed but another 996p2 scanner running on the same system in search for color codes was receiving radio traffic yesterday...

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Color Code is on a per frequency basis, so yes each frequency could be different.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
However, it is unlikely that the color code for a particular repeater (i.e. frequency) would ever change.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Its also possible that the system has a problem and the repeater your trying to listen to but missing info from could be lower power, or have co channel interference.
Im having an issue like that with a small public safety dept that uses a 2 repeater (4 voice paths) Cap plus system. Used to come in strong at my office, now my scanner and XPR units cant get it. But at my residence i can. Which is odd since my office is 3 times closer then my apt to the source.
So they have either adjusted antennas, having radio problems, or someone closer to my office is providing co channel interference.

nick223

Feed Provider
Ill log it for a few days and see what happens. Here is the system and site information it does only state one control channel but i been monitoring this system with dsdplus for awhile now and i do know it changes CC every night at midnight

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7547

007 (7) Utica / Deer Pk Twp La Salle 01 856.3375c 02 856.8125 03 857.8625 04 856.8625 05 860.8875

Status
Not open for further replies.