DMR/MOTOTRBO and NXDN programming instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It appears that the current versions of the Easier to Read manuals for each of the scanners that are DMR / MOTOTRBO or NXDN capable have only a little detail on how to program scanners for these modes.

It would, I think, be a worthwhile project to collect this data in one place. The most logical places would be in the glossary articles for these modes. There's a lot to cover - using LSNs, color codes, etc. Even a good definition for Tier 1, 2 and 3 would be a start (links are good, too).

This wouldn't be a small project. Even programming using the various software packages (ARC-XT, ProScan, Sentinel, EZ-Scan...) need a good explanation. I know I couldn't do it, if asked. Any takers? Mike

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
One of the problems is that each DMR brand has a different approach. Sometimes these are slight, but others take a different path. I have programmed at least seven different brands, and while they all use the same basic information (frequency, TG, CC) where and how the information is entered varies enough to be frustrating.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That's precisely why I suggested it.

Fortunately we only have 2 - Uniden and Whistler. That narrows it down somewhat, altho that still encompasses a pretty good list of scanners. With the Whistler you only have one package (EZ-Scan) which narrows it down still further, though each scanner type has its own version. With Uniden, you have 3 - ProScan, Sentinel and ARC-XT (for the 325P2 and 996P2). Should make it at least a little easier.....Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We have something similar for NXDN here, but I admit that my knowledge of this mode is thin at best. I believe there are a couple of different types that could stand a definition (Type C and D?)

Mike

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Also of note: ALL the easier to read manuals are currently being updated..

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Good - hopefully the DMR / MOTOTRBO / NXDN instructions will be some of the things that are updated. That's a real hole in the instructions, particularly since these systems are starting to become more common....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.