DMR/MotoTRBO mode not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneadam-12

I'm to having this issue it is not just the 325p2 but also the996p2. For some reason it will not trunk track a DMR Tier 3 system. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon at least they are aware of the problem.
There's a DMR Tier 3 system near me and I'm trying to setup my 325 to work with it. I have 3 systems configured now.
  • The first is conventional only and it shows me the frequency and color code and will decode audio with no issues.
  • The second is a DMR 1-frequency system. It shows me the talkgroup and radio IDs when it stops on the individual frequencies.
  • Finally, I also have a DMR/MotoTRBO system (after buying and configuring the DMR upgrade direct from Uniden). This one does absolutely nothing, ever.
I followed the instructions at the bottom of the DMR upgrade wiki to determine the LCNs from the LSNs showing up in DSD+ FastLane. Below is the system breakdown:

Code:
LSN     Freq        LCN
223     451.3750    111
224     451.3750    111
347     452.1500    173
348     452.1500    173
459     452.8500    229
460     452.8500    229
2165    463.5125    1082
2166    463.5125    1082

463.5125 is the control channel for the site so I've put what it should be based on the other channels, and the other frequencies are what DSD+ shows, and has no problem tracking the voice channels on my PC.

PhillyPhoto

I'm to having this issue it is not just the 325p2 but also the996p2. For some reason it will not trunk track a DMR Tier 3 system. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon at least they are aware of the problem.
Are you trying to monitor a Hytera system? I've heard it might be a firmware bug related directly to that.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to monitor a Hytera system? I've heard it might be a firmware bug related directly to that.

Im not oneadam-12, but In my case, it works on a Hytera Tier 3 system, but not on a Motorola Capacity Max Tier 3 system. My SDS100 works on both types.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I work with Capacity Max systems across the world. I can say for certain that the system does not transmit the frequency information over the air. My guess with DSD is it is taking your dongle info and applying the received channel info to the actual frequency that the dongle is sitting on. I am waiting until it can properly decode these Moto systems before I buy one for troubleshooting. TT

PhillyPhoto

I work with Capacity Max systems across the world. I can say for certain that the system does not transmit the frequency information over the air. My guess with DSD is it is taking your dongle info and applying the received channel info to the actual frequency that the dongle is sitting on. I am waiting until it can properly decode these Moto systems before I buy one for troubleshooting. TT
Interestingly enough, I can monitor this system with the LCNs entered as shown on my 325P2. It is a Con+ system, and I do have to manually enter the frequencies and OTA channel numbers for DSD+ to follow voice traffic on it.

I think the system I'm using happens to have 450.000 as a base frequency, so I lucked out with it being able to figure out what the voice channels were. I don't believe it's actually reading any sort of over the air band plan.

Australia4001

Premium Subscriber
I gave up in the end with the SDs on cap+ and tier 3 ,

No matter what was programmed, including correct LCN etc etc , the SDs seemed buggy and had its faults , compared to a 436 sitting next to it programmed the same , the difference was night and day ,
Hopefully uniden can resolve this issue , being a firmware bug , I’m sure over time it will be fixed.

radioopperator

Feed Provider
You guys know due to the (M) law suite (HYT) has new firmware for all its systems! Question is? Is the system you want to monitor have the New or old firmware in it?

PhillyPhoto

You guys know due to the (M) law suite (HYT) has new firmware for all its systems! Question is? Is the system you want to monitor have the New or old firmware in it?
I didn't know about that lawsuit. But I read up on it and the system I'm working on listening to had the owner subpoenaed alleging they knew of the theft, so I would imagine they updated any firmware asap lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.