DMR/MotoTRBO system received in Berkeley County

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM82557

I've noticed a DMR/MotoTRBO system on 451.2000 I'm decoding with DSDPlus that is used by school buses. Any ideas as where it is located?

Later addition - Further monitoring had locations mentioned include Leesburg and Ashburn, in Loudoun County Virginia.

This appears to be it - http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2665449

Even later addition - This system isn't in the RR DB for Loudoun County, Virginia.

Last edited:

dtscho

Database Admin
Yes, it appears Loudoun County Schools are transitioning from their LTR-Net system to DMR. It's a relatively recent change; that's probably why it's not in the database.

Any indication if they're using Capacity Plus or Connect Plus?

Dave

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it appears Loudoun County Schools are transitioning from their LTR-Net system to DMR. It's a relatively recent change; that's probably why it's not in the database.

Any indication if they're using Capacity Plus or Connect Plus?

Dave

They are using Hytera PD782G portables. It's been a while...how does one figure out if they are using Capacity Plus or Connect Plus?

JRayfield

Both Connect Plus and Capacity Plus are exclusive to Motorola Solutions MOTOTRBO products.

Hytera does offer two types of trunking systems. One was supposed to be DMR Tier 3 compliant, but I don't know if they even have it out on the market, yet. The other one is calls "Psuedo-Trunking", and works similarly to Capacity Plus, except that it only allows the two slots on one repeater to be 'trunked'.

It may likely just be a conventional DMR system.

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
W0PM

They are using Hytera PD782G portables. It's been a while...how does one figure out if they are using Capacity Plus or Connect Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.