dmr+ not decoding right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicerwizard

He's getting near-perfect decoding, so nothing needs to be changed. Well, other than monitoring what looks to be a DMR control channel with what looks to be an old version of DSD+ that doesn't decode DMR control channels; might want to change that.

Ubbe

The spectrum shows that the bandwidth choosen covers the FM modulation perfectly. I guess that there are three other windows that where choosen to not be shown, the ones that show the decoded data and eventual TG conversations? Otherwise get the latest DSD+
The DSD+ windows at that moment only show idle data from the control channel and no calls are set up from that frequency. What specifically is it that you think you are doing wrong?

/Ubbe

blacksheep23

well i wasnt sure what i was doing wrong, im still kind of new to this. it seemed like i had good signal, and i thought i had the latest dsd+ i do not have fast lane, i was using sdr# and a dsd plugin. i can try again and show a screen shot with every window im using. thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:

Ubbe

Your picture doesn't show anything wrong, besides perhaps that the audio filter shouldn't be used. Just wait for the control channel to indicate other messages that says that a TG are in use. Maybe you could pick another control channel frequency that have more activity to test everything out also in the audio chain.

/Ubbe

S

simpilo

what am i doing wrong here?

If you read that DSD+ shows "BS". "BS" is an acronym used in DSD+ for "Base Station". In DSD+ public release DMR control channels appear as base stations. Technically they are yet that version of DSD+ can't decode DMR control channel data. Connect Plus and Capacity Plus Plus are DMR trunking. If you need to decode that properly my advice is to purchase at least the year of DSD+ Fastlane for $10 to be able to decode that DMR.

Follow the directions here to the "T"
DSDPlus Fast Lane Program – DSDPlus

It may take 72 hours for your first release to arrive.

Check the RRDB for your area for Connect Plus and Capacity Plus systems and try to locate the frequency in your image in one of those systems. Then you will know what it actually is.

slicerwizard

If you read that DSD+ shows "BS". "BS" is an acronym used in DSD+ for "Base Station".
The BS/MS (base station / mobile subscriber) terms are defined in the ETSI DMR documents. They're not just "acronyms used by DSD+"...

In DSD+ public release DMR control channels appear as base stations.
All DMR base station transmissions (conventional/trunked/voice/data) show "BS". Outbound control channel messages display BS CSBK. Inbound trunking messages display MS CSBK. Etc.

blacksheep23

ok thanks for the help guys, im going to need that fast lane asap. i never thought i would get into this kind of stuff, but its amazing. its my new favorite hobby.

slicerwizard

There's a lot of stuff to check out - conventional and trunked DMR and NXDN on the commercial bands, DMR, D-Star and Fusion on the ham bands, P25 (mainly public safety), yadda yadda...

Joe_Blough

He's getting near-perfect decoding, so nothing needs to be changed. Well, other than monitoring what looks to be a DMR control channel with what looks to be an old version of DSD+ that doesn't decode DMR control channels; might want to change that.

If I have filter audio checked I don't hear anything.

S

simpilo

The BS/MS (base station / mobile subscriber) terms are defined in the ETSI DMR documents. They're not just "acronyms used by DSD+"...

All DMR base station transmissions (conventional/trunked/voice/data) show "BS". Outbound control channel messages display BS CSBK. Inbound trunking messages display MS CSBK. Etc.
I never implied it didnt. I was only pointing out that the public release couldn't decode all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.