DMR-not hearing-Uniden suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasia

The following is in reference to the BCDx36HP radios. It assumes that users have purchased and installed a DMR key. Also that all systems are setup correctly, appropriate system type boxes are checked, a good antenna and that there are DMR systems in one's monitoring area.

Some have reported that their the radio stops on a frequency and the screen displays Network, site, protocol type info and the color code and slot number are flashing but they're not hearing anything. The reason is you're most probably sitting on the control channel.

To help those with this confusion especially for those who are new to this, perhaps UNIDEN might want to consider adding "CC" (control channel) to this display screen. User then would start looking for the voice channels.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
A DMR control channel also carries a voice channel on the other timeslot.

What typically happens is the scanner will stop on a conventional channel carrying data on one timeslot. Since Uniden ignores the Slot and Group information in the database, the scanner will appear to hang with no audio.

I've locked out all the conventional DMR channels from the Full Database that carry data and have setup favourites lists with the Slot, Group and Colour Code information so the scanner will not hang.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
The following is in reference to the BCDx36HP radios. It assumes that users have purchased and installed a DMR key. Also that all systems are setup correctly, appropriate system type boxes are checked, a good antenna and that there are DMR systems in one's monitoring area.

Some have reported that their the radio stops on a frequency and the screen displays Network, site, protocol type info and the color code and slot number are flashing but they're not hearing anything. The reason is you're most probably sitting on the control channel.

To help those with this confusion especially for those who are new to this, perhaps UNIDEN might want to consider adding "CC" (control channel) to this display screen. User then would start looking for the voice channels.

What would probably more helpful if the user would program a DMR/MotoTRBO system in correctly once they see this information on the display. When I search and come across a DMR frequency, I make note of the frequency, color code, and any active talk groups I hear. I also take note of the display..DMR/CAP+/CON which then tells me to look for additional frequencies, or I have found a single channel DMR frequency.

For the past year, Uniden has provided us with plenty of proper programming information on these systems, and because of this, I have successfully programmed plenty of MotoTRBO systems near me.

If you are searching and see the information you describe, you have completed the first step by identifying a DMR frequency. Now keep searching (If CAP+ or CON appears) for additional frequencies, or use the FCC database. The programming information is out there, you just have to take the time to understand what you're listening to. Any "active" MotoTRBO frequency emits a "data burst" which Uniden's use to trunk track the system correctly. That is what you see flashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.