DMR & NXDN in SC

rescuecomm

Seems the 453.100 mhz frequency that used to be used for rescue squad operations in Easley is now a NXDN system used by the Pickens County Sheriff's office. There is definitely digital of some mode being used. There is also a 155.7225 frequency listed as DMR, but I haven't heard anything from my Travelers Rest residence.

N4DJC

Blue Ridge Electric is popping up on my SDS200 full bars but no sound, it’s showing CON+. Any ideas why I’m not hearing anything?

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
I found a site neighbor on FleetTalk Site 209 with the LCN of 544 (461.7875) and I checked the FRN but I have 3 callsigns for it, I was wondering if anyone in the two areas could run the CC and see which license adds up to the frequencies on the site.

Callsign 1: WPNP474 (LANCASTER)
Callsign 2: WQYH315 ( CHESTER)
Callsign 3: WRFF737 (Chester)

upstatesc

Premium Subscriber
Based on newspaper reports Cherokee County SC School Buses are now on FleetTalk. It mentioned they were buying the system as part of this year's budget. Anyone picked up anything there yet?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Blue Ridge Electric is popping up on my SDS200 full bars but no sound, it’s showing CON+. Any ideas why I’m not hearing anything?

Could be possible few things...Not being used at the present time/no activity with communications or encryption being used.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Could also be data for AVL/AVI. Utility companies use data often. Scanners won't pick that, you'd need a program like DSDPlus and a way to feed data to it.

Could be possible few things...Not being used at the present time/no activity with communications or encryption being used.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Hey, I finally added NXDN to my SDS-100 and SDS-200. I'm listening to fleet talk in the midlands and trying to decipher what each talk group is. If anyone has already found more info please continue to submit updates! Thanks.

garys

Premium Subscriber
From my trips to Lancaster County listening to a MotoTrbo trunk system, it could be a challenge. Radio procedure is, shall we say, informal. It doesn't take too long to figure out what type of traffic it is Ambulance, tow trucks, landscaping, construction. The challenge is figuring out exactly who it is.

In my case the accents are quite a bit different than what I'm used to listening to at home, which just adds another layer on top.

That aside, I've found that the key is careful listening and sooner or later most users will reveal themselves.

Hey, I finally added NXDN to my SDS-100 and SDS-200. I'm listening to fleet talk in the midlands and trying to decipher what each talk group is. If anyone has already found more info please continue to submit updates! Thanks.

Lately, I've been scanning DMR frequencies with some success so I wanted to share my findings with everyone. I also have a question for anyone in the Anderson area below.

Greenville County:
463.950 DMR Color Code 9 Slot 1 TG 600 is ADUSA Distribution
463.950 DMR Color Code 9 Slot 2 TG 700 is ADUSA Distribution
464.100 DMR Color Code 10 Slot 2 TG 1000 is ADUSA Distribution
461.5375 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 1000 is Bon Secours St. Francis Health System
461.5375 Color Code 5 Slot 1 TG 1000 is Bon Secours St. Francis Health System Security
463.275 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 12 is Caraustar Industrial & Consumer Products Group
463.275 Color Code 1 Slot 2 TG 13 is Caraustar Industrial & Consumer Products Group
464.475 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 46 is Cryovac-Sealed Air Corporation
464.475 Color Code 1 Slot 2 TG 50 is Cryovac-Sealed Air Corporation
464.325 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 45 is Cryovac-Sealed Air Corportaion
464.575 Color Code 12 Slot 1 TG 1000 is Greenville County School District (J. Fisher Middle School)
462.1375 Color Code 2 Slot 1 TG 2000 is GE Gas Turbines LLC
451.175 Color Code 8 Slot 1 TG 300 is Michelin North America
464.700 Color Code 10 Slot 1 TG 500 is Michelin North America
461.675 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 1000 is Pharmaceutical Associates
464.9375 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 1000 is Pharmaceutical Associates
464.825 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 6000 is Simpsonville First Baptist Church
462.0125 Color Code 9 Slot 1 TG 1000 is Woodmont High School
464.5250 Color Code 9 Slot 1 TG 16777215 is Bob Jones University

Anderson County:
451.8625 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 16777215 is Anderson County School District 2 (Belton-Honea Path High School)
452.4375 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 16777215 is Anderson School District 2 (School buses)
464.9750 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 16777215 is Anderson School District 2 (Belton Elementary?)
464.7375 Color Code 12 Slot 1 TG 245 is Anderson County School District 4 (School buses)
463.950 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 10 is Anderson County School District 5 (School buses)
451.350 Color Code 8 Slot 1 TG 3700 is TL Hanna High School
461.5625 Color Code 7 Slot 1 TG 100 is Anderson Regional Landfill
464.175 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 1000 is AnMed Health
461.7625 Color Code 1 Slot 1 TG 2000 is AnMed Health
451.9875 Color Code 11 Slot 1 TG 1 Michelin North America
461.850 Color Code 15 Slot 1 TG 1 (Also TG 16?) Michelin North America

Here are a few more DMR frequencies and I'm unsure who is using them:
452.2375 Color Code 3 Slot 1 with Talkgroups 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
463.925 Color Code 13 Slot 1 TG 1
451.9375 Color Code 7 Slot 1 with Talkgroups 10, 12, 13
461.9125 Color Code 6 I ran digital monitor on this and found lots of Talkgroups in use.
461.075 is Greenville County School District with a Talkgroup of 300, but missed color code and slot info.

I have a question for those of you in Anderson County, I've been trying to get color codes, talkgroup and slot information for the individual schools in Anderson School Districts 1, 3, 4 and 5 since April 17th with no luck. Does anyone have any information they would like to share to help me out? Here are the radio licenses: WQYV287, WQRE462, WQUG660, WQUG878, WQUI759, WQXN550. They are all licensed for DMR, for some frequencies I hear what sounds like data bursts, but don't ever hear the buzzsaw noise like what you would hear if they were talking.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Lately, I've been scanning DMR frequencies with some success so I wanted to share my findings with everyone. I also have a question for anyone in the Anderson area below.

Here are a few more DMR frequencies and I'm unsure who is using them:
452.2375 Color Code 3 Slot 1 with Talkgroups 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
463.925 Color Code 13 Slot 1 TG 1
451.9375 Color Code 7 Slot 1 with Talkgroups 10, 12, 13
461.9125 Color Code 6 I ran digital monitor on this and found lots of Talkgroups in use.
461.075 is Greenville County School District with a Talkgroup of 300, but missed color code and slot info.

I have a question for those of you in Anderson County, I've been trying to get color codes, talkgroup and slot information for the individual schools in Anderson School Districts 1, 3, 4 and 5 since April 17th with no luck. Does anyone have any information they would like to share to help me out? Here are the radio licenses: WQYV287, WQRE462, WQUG660, WQUG878, WQUI759, WQXN550. They are all licensed for DMR, for some frequencies I hear what sounds like data bursts, but don't ever hear the buzzsaw noise like what you would hear if they were talking.

This is really great information. Good work. If you want to submit some of these that you've positively identified to the database, we'll get them added so others can make easy use of this information. Please include callsigns for each one.

I can't help you with the Anderson County school question. But keep in mind that if you see a channel with regular data bursts, roughly once each second, that is a good indicator that the frequency is part of a Capacity+ network. That usually means that there is more than one frequency associated with the network, and you'll typically see numerous talkgroups.

As for your unknowns, here are some possibilities, based on your presumed location:
452.2375 and 451.9375 - Maybe BASF, callsign WQCH939
463.925 - Maybe Michelin, WPVL805
461.9125 - Maybe ZF Transmissions, WQUH225.

This is really great information. Good work. If you want to submit some of these that you've positively identified to the database, we'll get them added so others can make easy use of this information. Please include callsigns for each one.

I can't help you with the Anderson County school question. But keep in mind that if you see a channel with regular data bursts, roughly once each second, that is a good indicator that the frequency is part of a Capacity+ network. That usually means that there is more than one frequency associated with the network, and you'll typically see numerous talkgroups.

As for your unknowns, here are some possibilities, based on your presumed location:
452.2375 and 451.9375 - Maybe BASF, callsign WQCH939
463.925 - Maybe Michelin, WPVL805
461.9125 - Maybe ZF Transmissions, WQUH225.
Thanks, Brian! I've been hard at work trying to get DMR systems identified around the Upstate, mainly in the Greenville, Anderson, Spartanburg area. But occasionally, I'll try other counties such as Pickens, Oconee and Laurens. I've found that there are a numerous amount of businesses, manufacturers and schools that use DMR.

As far as Anderson School District is concerned, do you know of anyone on this forum that might be able to help or a way that I could get more engagement with this particular question? Some of those schools sound like they might be interesting to monitor. I've pretty much got Anderson School District 2 nailed down, I've only got two more frequencies for them I need to get identified. They are probably using color code 1 like the other ones.

Yesterday when I posted my findings, I found that I made a few typos but nothing major and by then it was too late because I couldn't edit my post. I've got all the correct information in my notes, but I type fast and made a few mistakes so I apologize. If you want me to submit the information to the database, I need to know how because I'm a newbie! But if you was going to submit it, I'll repost the information with the callsigns associated with each one.

I appreciate your help, especially with the unknown DMRs. For 461.9125 I've heard them calling maintenance, mention things like product number, etc. I saw that BASF was using 452.2375 as well as 451.9375 but I wasn't for sure if that is what I was hearing or not. I figured 463.925 was Michelin because I've heard them mention things like line numbers and pallets, which is what the Michelin in Greenville does on their DMR frequency, but it doesn't hurt to ask to get clarification. There is still alot of DMR that needs to be identified in the Upstate. I'll continue to post what I discover here on this forum and hopefully it helps not only the database, but people who are looking to listen with their scanners.

I figured out how to submit my DMR findings to the database, I did so for both Anderson and Greenville counties with all the correct information. I found the "ideal submission" page on the Radio Reference Wiki and used it as a template so hopefully the format for the data will be correct.

Hopefully I'll see my submissions in the database soon. I am surprised that some of it hasn't already been identified because most of the businesses in Greenville county have been using DMR for a while and same goes for Anderson county.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
If there are any of those that you still may need another set of ears on for the Anderson stuff, I can set up to monitor them. I'm located just over the state line in Lavonia, GA and can hear a good bit of stuff in Anderson and Oconee counties

If there are any of those that you still may need another set of ears on for the Anderson stuff, I can set up to monitor them. I'm located just over the state line in Lavonia, GA and can hear a good bit of stuff in Anderson and Oconee counties

Thank you! I mainly just need help with Anderson School Districts 1, 3, 4 and 5 as I said previously. Here are the licenses: WQYV287, WQRE462, WQUG660, WQUG878, WQUI759, WQXN550. Looks like they got it setup to where each frequency is used at a specific school. This afternoon, I listened to Anderson District 4 buses and it sounded like they were talking to the schools, but most of it was just usual school bus chatter.

For now that's all I need, but any help you could provide would be great because it's been a pain trying to get these schools identified.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hopefully I'll see my submissions in the database soon. I am surprised that some of it hasn't already been identified because most of the businesses in Greenville county have been using DMR for a while and same goes for Anderson county.

Very few scanner hobbyists these days are interested in searching for new information. Most only want to purchase, type in a zip code, and listen to their local public safety agencies. There's nothing at all wrong with this aspect of the hobby. But it's a reasonable explanation for why many radio targets that aren't public safety never get identified. To be fair, taking time to understand various radio systems, searching for new targets, looking up corresponding FCC licenses, and typing all of that information into a submission form, takes time/effort/expertise. It's a part of the hobby that isn't as common as it once was. Which makes your efforts especially valuable.

The database admins will get the information added to the db soon.

I, for one, am interested in local hospital communication. Not ambulance-to-hospital transmissions, but security, maintenance and operations within the hospital. I'm also interested in non-emergency medical transport services. I would suspect a place like AnMed has a number of frequencies in use, or even a DMR trunked system like Cap+, in use. Likewise, all the Prisma facilities (such as in Pickens and Oconee Counties, since we're talking about that part of the state) in the state likely have some radio systems in use. If anyone wants to add those as a monitoring target, I would greatly appreciate it. I identified a VHF DMR frequency for Prisma in Laurens County just yesterday.