DMR One Frequency help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcosorourke

Hello,

I have a DMR network that's running both conventional repeaters and simplex frequencies. I've tried to input the simplex frequencies into the scanner but it's not decoding anything at all. I'm following the directions from Uniden, and ones I've found online, but I'm new to this scanner.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. I can't imagine that this would be so difficult, so it's got to be something that I'm just not seeing.

Thank you!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Its possible your experiencing a bit of desensing. Since your transmitting at 4 watts (guessing its UHF) and your so close to the scanner its basically over loading the scanner.

If you can turn the radio down to lower power. If not perhaps try it from across a room or with a room or two in between.

Does the Uniden even pick up DMR direct? I thought at one time that feature didnt work. I could be wrong. But i know its been mentioned.

marcosorourke

I'm low power and in the other room, but nothing.

Isn't "One Frequency" the same as picking up a conventional channel like in analog? I'm not familiar with what this scanner is expecting...

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Yes, but with DMR one frequency can carry traffic on 2 time slots with multiple talk groups per time slot.
Its also possible for a capacity plus system to be just one frequency, although i dont konw why anybody would set it up that way but hey thats me. LOL
Actually what i find easier is to enter search mode and park my scanner on the desired frequency and get the TG, CC and TS info from that. Then program it as One Freq.

Think of DMR like this. If its conventional DMR program it as OFT, if its Trunking then its trunking. LOL Sorry that thought train derailed a bit.

marcosorourke

I'm not running a Capacity Plus system. I'm running a Conventional system and an IP Site Connect system.

Will the Uniden BCD536HP not decode the basic simplest Conventional operation? For example, one channel that I want to listen is a simplex channel on time slot 1 with CC 1 with talkgroup ID 999.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Again, it will decode going through a repeater.
Im not sure if it will decode going direct.
Even in Conventional operation you are still assigned a TS, CC and TG. SO its OFT.

If you know the frequency and are unsure how to program it the scanner lets you put it in many ways, so program them all and see what works best for you.
Ill let someone else try to chime in on the non repeater decoding capabilities.
Are they running RAS or Encryption, those are other things you need to worry about as those can affect scanner capabilities.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Another thought is to provide us with the link to the RR databse for the info or link to the FCC licensing info. Perhaps someone local can answer the questions you cant.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Program the channel as FM (not NFM) and set threshold to MANUAL 8 for best DMR simplex performance. Note that due to hardware limitations, DMR simplex performance is not going to be 100%. The 30 mS duty cycle is an issue.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have DMR One Freq system not P25 One Freq. You'll need to put the freq in and color and id search on.

Status
Not open for further replies.