BCD436HP/BCD536HP: DMR One-Frequency System w/multiple frequencies - sentinel entry quesiton

Status
Not open for further replies.

wk5h

Premium Subscriber
Rather than continue a post that I put in the wrong group (thanks to those guys for answering my question anyways), I'll come here.

Here's what I have so far. Business has 4 repeaters using Mototrbo conventional. All 4 repeaters are on the same tower, and obviously, each repeater has it's own frequency.

The business has 7 organizations, each with their own talk group - sort of...

Repeater 1
org 1 - talkgroup ID 1
org 2 - talkgroup ID 2

Repeater 2
org 3 - talkgroup ID 1
org 4 - talkgroup ID 2

Repeater 3
org 5 - talkgroup ID 1
org 6 - talkgroup ID 2

Repeater 4
org 7 - talkgroup ID 1

Since each repeater is reusing the same talkgroup IDs of 1 and 2, am I correct in assuming that in order to combine all repeaters under one favorite, that I'm going to have to create a new/separate system for each repeater? Otherwise, if I added all the repeater frequencies under one system, I'd have multiple channel names sharing a TGID, and the scanner wouldn't know to say "if it's on THIS frequency, then TGID 1= org1 rather than org3, org5, or org7?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Assuming those details are correct, then that is what you would need to do to be able to correctly tag each group with a unique alpha tag.

Also, to differentiate by TGIDs, you'll need to program as one-frequency trunked, not as conventional.

wk5h

Premium Subscriber
Assuming those details are correct, then that is what you would need to do to be able to correctly tag each group with a unique alpha tag.

The details are correct. There was a reason for splitting them out between multiple repeaters rather than combining them into a single trunked system... a dumb one, but, a reason none the less.

Also, to differentiate by TGIDs, you'll need to program as one-frequency trunked, not as conventional.

"one-frequency trunked" - are you referring to "DMR One Frequency" for system type?

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Yes he is.
I have Ham set up that way. A 1 freq trunked system for each repeater. It allows me to alpha tag each TG. Plus get radio IDs so my imported names, call signs etc. show up.

I use the 1 freq trunked for a lot of stuff including P25 conventional.

wk5h

Premium Subscriber
What is the difference between 1 freq trunked and trunked? Does the 1 freq trunk option just not make the scanner look for a control channel?

wk5h

Premium Subscriber
Just an update to this. I was mistaken - the different repeaters had separate TGIDs, so, I was able to create a single system, add the multiple repeater frequencies to it, and everything is working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.