DMR One-frequency "trunking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I'm not able to receive this system ( https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8610 ) which is set up in the database as a one-frequency trunked Cap+ site on my Uniden 536HP. If I monitor it as a conventional single-frequency DMR channel, I can receive it just fine. But, using the 536's global database, there is no activity. As a test today, I had my Whistler TRX-1 with me in the car, and it was picking up the sheriff's office just fine, but the 536 was silent.

The DMR parameters (slot, color, talk group) are correct in the database, they have not changed. So, why can the 536 pick up this system as a conventional channel but not as a one-frequency trunked system?

And yes, I have "Law Dispatch" selected 'on' in the service types menu.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have a system listed as DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Multi Site (TRBO) and it does nothing.

If I enter it as one freq, it works.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I'd suspect whoever provided the information to the Database was wrong. Set it up as a DMR One Frequency, then make sure ID Search is on..TDMA Slot set to Any.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, actually much of the submission I spoke of is wrong. I did a ton of logging and still have not had time to sort it out and have a db admin make the changes. And dsd, the last fast lane has been screwing up a little. Stuff I had tagged as dmr now comes up as cap plus and some cap and con plus come up as dmr.

Either way, set up as one freq and its running good...

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm not able to receive this system ( https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8610 ) which is set up in the database as a one-frequency trunked Cap+ site on my Uniden 536HP. If I monitor it as a conventional single-frequency DMR channel, I can receive it just fine. But, using the 536's global database, there is no activity. As a test today, I had my Whistler TRX-1 with me in the car, and it was picking up the sheriff's office just fine, but the 536 was silent.

The DMR parameters (slot, color, talk group) are correct in the database, they have not changed. So, why can the 536 pick up this system as a conventional channel but not as a one-frequency trunked system?

And yes, I have "Law Dispatch" selected 'on' in the service types menu.

When I look at that database entry, it certainly doesn't look like a one-frequency trunked system to me. It looks like a minimum of a two-frequency, single-site Cap+ system -- which means it should be set up as a "MotoTRBO Trunk" system.

Mike

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The RRDB does not have the capability to store or support Uniden One Frequency Trunk "systems" of either DMR or P25 type. If it's listed in the RRDB as a trunked system, even if it only has one frequency, it is set up as a standard multi-frequency trunked system.

What Uniden calls OFTs, most other scanner manufacturers handle just as conventional channels (i.e. Whistler/ex GRE). OFT is just Uniden's way of getting the talkgroup and radio ID to show on a "conventional" channel.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It also allows the scanner to efficiently scan a DMR frequency that has multiple TG's in use on the one frequency.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Also: I would agree that the system in RRDB is not set up correctly. If there is no control (rest) data burst, this is not a CAP+ system. When importing into the scanner, it will not be scanned correctly.

It also has the same frequency listed two times. I understand why it was entered this way, but it is incorrect to do so. Each frequency can have only one LCN (but each LCN consists of two LSNs). The convention for RRDB is to use LCN, not LSN.

I really do wish that there was a "flavor" of DMR in RRDB for one-frequency trunked DMR (i.e. multiple TGIDs in use on a single frequency), but there is not. So, this system should have been entered in RRDB as a conventional channel listing (two entries, one for each TGID).

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Also: I would agree that the system in RRDB is not set up correctly. If there is no control (rest) data burst, this is not a CAP+ system. When importing into the scanner, it will not be scanned correctly.

It also has the same frequency listed two times. I understand why it was entered this way, but it is incorrect to do so. Each frequency can have only one LCN (but each LCN consists of two LSNs). The convention for RRDB is to use LCN, not LSN.

I really do wish that there was a "flavor" of DMR in RRDB for one-frequency trunked DMR (i.e. multiple TGIDs in use on a single frequency), but there is not. So, this system should have been entered in RRDB as a conventional channel listing (two entries, one for each TGID).

Doggonit. I hadn't noticed that the frequency listed for both LCNs was the same.

m

Status
Not open for further replies.