DMR only search

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If your trying close call on dmr search close call doesn’t work like dmr data burst. There was a post some where about this. I think it has to do with data that puts out for slot 1 or 2.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Using Proscan.
This particular search I have set:
limit 151MHz - 166MHz
Delay 2 sec
Mod NFM
Att off
Step 12.5k
SQL 2
Using VHF external antenna

Looking for DMR & DT3 frequencies
Slowly compiling a list on the logging panel

Are those settings best for what I am after.

Ubbe

Are those settings best for what I am after.
It will get stuck on any data channel or other continuous carrier. Set the delay to -10 and it will stay just 10 sec on those channels and then continue to scan.

If you are only going to search one range and not scan anything else at the same time, then you can use Discovery mode.
Go to the scanners menu and Discovery. Select Conventional Discovery and then enter a session name.

Enter your range and step and all that info if you don't use their Auto setting. Set Logging to New Only and Compare to Database to On.
You can select to save all hits to a favorite list called Conventional Discovery. You can set how long it should stay on an active channel and how long the total recording time should be for hits from the same frequency.

When you select Start Discovery it will stop on DMR channels and save the audio but it will only include the color code info and no TG info.

My old HP-1 and when using very old firmware for BCD536 it is recording hits up to the max recording time and then regards the frequency as being discovered and no longer new. So if the Only New setting are enabled it will skip that frequency. But that function where somehow lost in newer firmware version and it still stops on all frequencies that have already been discovered. Also old firmwares included the active favorite list in the Compare to Database function but that where also lost in newer firmware versions.

/Ubbe